Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

36&48 MONTH TEST
      #7587 - 07/25/00 02:12 AM

OK HERE IT GOES I HAD 2 HIV ANTIBODY TEST DONT KNOW WHAT KIND AT 3 AND 4 YRS, WITH NO POSSIBLE EXPOSURE BOTH NEG. BUT I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH MY GUMS BEING SORE ALL THE TIME FOR THE LAST 4 YRS. SHOULD I RETEST OR BELIEVE IM NEGATIVE AND GO ON, I HAVE SEEN SEVERAL DENTIST AND THEY DONT SEEM TO KNOW WHAT IS CAUSING THIS, IF IT WAS HIV WOULDNT THEY KNOW BY LOOKING I AM DRIVING MY SELF CRAZY THINKING ABOUT THIS.PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TO DO.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Past Worrier
Unregistered

Re: 36&48 MONTH TEST new
      #7588 - 07/25/00 02:28 AM

There is no way that you have HIV. Tests at 3 and 4 years are so conclusive it's not even funny. And if you have no risk factors, then there's even less need to worry. I know how you feel - I worried needlessly for two years about non-existent exposures and wasn't able to get on with my life until I was prescribed medication. Now I can see the sort of things I used to worry about for what they are - (absolutely non-existent risks) Take my word for it - you DO NOT have HIV. Trust me :) Good luck:)

BDG
Unregistered

Re: 36&48 MONTH TEST new
      #7608 - 07/25/00 02:57 PM

The past worrier is 100% correct. You definitely don't have HIV infection. If you are worried about your immune system not being able to produce antibodies in 4 years, STOP. If that was the case, you would most likely be dead anyway because you would be severly immunosuppressed. Probably much worse than when people develop AIDS too! You're ok, for sure!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 904

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3