Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

positive for hsv2 jackie help
      #75498 - 10/16/03 01:57 PM

Hi jackie I received my hsv1 and 2 tests and both were positive do you think that having hsv2 will delay my seroconversion thats why I have tested negative on pcr at 4 month and antibody negative at 5 month please jackie answer PRC



Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
chichi
Master

Reged: 06/02/02
Posts: 127
Re: positive for hsv2 jackie help new
      #75552 - 10/17/03 12:05 AM

I got H2 about a year and a half ago. I had unprotected sex with a guy (I am female). Within 3 days I had a gential herpes outbreak down there that was NASTY! I was convinced that I also had gotten HIV.... I had a mental break down at the thought but after testing negative at 6,9,12 and 24 weeks, I finally believed my results.
Just because you got H2 doesn't mean you got HIV. One is skin to skin contact and the other is via fluids.
You have tested negative because you are negative. H2 would not be a factor in seroconverting - that was my fear when I found out about the herpes2.
You are negative for HIV and as for H2 - you will start to deal with that when you let go of the HIV fears.
There is life if you have H2 and H1.
You are negtive - I had the same situation as you and you are not alone..... You are negative.



Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
prc.
Unregistered

Re: positive for hsv2 jackie help new
      #75567 - 10/17/03 12:38 AM

Thanks chichi for your kind words but Ive been unwell for 5 month now and the only thing that keeps me sane is my negative pcr-dna test at 4 month next week Iam going to do a cd/4cd/8 ratio test and if GOD wills comes fine then I will be able to move on .
ps.. what were your symptoms because I havent had a nasty thing in my mr. happy but in my back bumps that afterwards make scabs huggs PRC



Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Switch625
Guru

Reged: 08/07/03
Posts: 251
Re: positive for hsv2 jackie help new
      #75590 - 10/17/03 08:35 AM

prc-If a negative ELISA isn't going to make you feel better, I doubt a test that isn't even used to screen for HIV will. Even a dna test isn't considered conclusive, only the antibody tests are. What kind of doctor do you go to that allows you to take all of these unnecessary tests? And quite honestly, have you considered therapy? You are putting yourself through hell and making yourself crazy.

As for the HSV 1 & 2, they have nothing to do with your negative HIV status. If you had HIV, you would have known by now. HSV1 causes cold sores and isn't really anything to worry about, most people have that. It's quite possible that you have had HSV2 for a long time. Only 10% of people with HSV2 have outbreaks, the other 90% never have outbreaks or they are so mild and infrequent, it goes unnoticed. Herpes outbreaks can happen anywhere that is covered by your underwear, not just the penis.

You should really consider some kind of counseling. You say that you will be able to move on if your cd4/cd8 ratio test comes back fine. Again, this isn't even a test that is used to screen for HIV. I remember you saying that if the Western Blot test came back fine you would be okay. And then it was the PCR-DNA test that would allow you to move on. This should be telling you that there are other underlying issues causing you to question your results. Based on what you have been putting yourself through, the results of this new test will not make you feel any better. I truly hope it does, but history has shown that you will question yourself no matter what you are told. Believe me, therapy can help. It helped me once I finally got the courage to go and open up. I very strongly recommend it.

Take care and good luck.



--------------------
Life is meant for living, not fearing.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: positive for hsv2 jackie help new
      #75666 - 10/17/03 08:17 PM

HSV isn't HIV and it won't delay seroconversion.



Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1


What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1574

 
Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

*
UBB.threads™ 6.2.3