Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
WorriedSick
Unregistered

Infected during HIV test?
      #73047 - 09/26/03 02:49 PM

I'm living a nightmare. I had unprotected sex with a woman (vag/oral) on 7/1/3. At 10 weeks I got a neg ELISA. That should have been the end. However my GP Doctore daignosed Oral thrush. The next day, panicked, at 11 weeks went in for an anonymous PCR RNA. The lady at the lab was really,really weird and didn't want me to watch her draw my blood. Afterwards I felt very upset. She had disappeared for a long time before dawing my blood and I don't remember seeing her open a clean needle or clean my arm with alcohol. At the time I was nervous and not thinking.
My test came back neg, but now 1 week later the muscles in my arm are aching and I'm afraid this weirdo may have deliberately infected me after all.

I'm a basket case now. What was supposed to put my worries to rest has now made them much worse.

Am I crazy or paranoid? I'm looking for the symptoms of infection and hoping I'm wrong. By why the pain in my arm?

Please comment.....

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Infected during HIV test? new
      #73048 - 09/26/03 03:46 PM

Get a hold of yourself. Thinking you were infected when you got tested is just plain paranoid.

Come on. You don't remember her cleaning your arm or opening a new needle. I'm sure she did. She disappeared for a long time before drawing your blood? So what. Maybe she had to pee and figured it would be better to do it before, than dance around while sticking a needle in your arm. Get over it. You are negative, not only with an ELISA, but with a RNA. You don't have a viral load and you would during initial infection, IF YOU WERE INFECTED.

As far as the Oral Thrush, so..... it shows up for lots of reasons. It doesn't sound like your doctor thought it was a reason to run off and test again. YOU DID.

And...what's muscle aches got to do with HIV anyway. Grow up.

WorriedSick
Unregistered

#73051 - 09/26/03 06:47 PM

Thank you for replying. I realize that at some level this is irrational, my fantasies about what may have happened keep playing over and over and over. If you could see the person I'm referring to you might be scared of her too.

It doesn't help that I have a cousin (who is gay) on his deathbed right now from AIDS. It's only a matter of time...

I'm straight and the woman I slept with (a Philippina) was only the 4th unprotected partner of my life. I let my guard down one time. I'm serially monogamous. She turned out to be a really disturbed liar and I freaked.

I want to put this all behind me, but it's horrifying, I hope it's over soon. I have kids to support.

Thanks for your patience.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#73329 - 09/30/03 12:28 PM

You are being paranoid. Stop the absolute ridiclous thoughts on deliberate infection. See your DR if you feel you need any mental help.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2439

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3