Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

5 Months Negative
      #7162 - 07/13/00 09:09 PM

So how conclusive is 5 months negative? Scary stuff. People are now saying that 3 months is nowhere near conclusive outside New York.

Well, what if you got just the standard HIV-1 antibody test at 5 months? Would you feel pretty good about that?

I've had a cough lately and don't know if it's related to work or stress or HIV. Very scary.

The five month test was absolutely negative. Not indeterminate or anything. I want to believe that 5 months = 21+ weeks = conclusive.

Not Scared, what do you think? What does everyone else think? Worried 2000 you still here? BDG? Everyone ???

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: 5 Months Negative new
      #7164 - 07/13/00 10:10 PM

congrats! I think you are fine and can move on buddy. have a good life and be safe!!

Worried Like U
Unregistered

#7174 - 07/13/00 11:11 PM

We all think you are as close to being negative as you can possibly get. What matters is what you think. If you don't believe it, all the people on this board will not convince you. You are negative, and need to believe the doctors and the tests. They are the only way to know for sure, not what anyone out here thinks.

BDG
Unregistered

#7176 - 07/13/00 11:28 PM

I defintiely thnk you're okay if you tested negative at 5 months, regardless of what generation test was used on you. You have to realize that even though a lot of talk has been going on regarding different generations of ELISA, the information we're getting here is that even a first generation ELISA is very, very close to conclusive (if not conclusive) after 3 months. I'm not sure where you got the idea that it isn't close to conclusive?!?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#7200 - 07/14/00 11:49 AM

Even most of the people at the CDC are saying most everyone will be positive by three months. (they don't state by taking any particular test)

Thanks,

Anonymous
Unregistered

#7209 - 07/14/00 03:15 PM

DONT WORRY BE HAPPY

Worried 2000
Unregistered

#7216 - 07/14/00 05:41 PM

Funny how so many people seem to be around that 5 month period. Like me, too.

I think you'll be all right. Get another one in a month if you feel you need to, but don't sweat it until then.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2245

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3