Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

HIV Rashes
      #70550 - 08/29/03 01:10 PM

Hello Friends,

During the initial stages of HIV infection, one of the symptoms of seroconversion is development of rashes. What do these rashes look like ? For information I referred to a book in the British Council Library which says the following :
"The descriptions of the eruptions are brief, relatively diffuse in their descriptive terms, and uninformative. For example, in one study seroconversion to HIV occured in 12 subjects. Six of the persons had a 'macular erythematous rash in the truncal area'; this was the extent of the description of the eruption. In one case in which a skin biospy was taken, there was acute brachial neuritis and an erythematous rash which represented the acute infection by HIV. The rash was composed of red papules, pustules and vesicles over the face, neck and trunk. Herpetic cultures from blister fluid were negative. A skin biospy contained 'a moderately dense, perivascular, lymphocytic infiltrate in the superficial and deep dermis'. The rash was 80% to 90% resolved after two weeks. Valle described a rash in 2 of 5 patient; one patient had a maculopapular rash on the trunk and the other, a morbilliform rash on the trunk and upper body."

My fear is that after an exposure to a dangerous situation, I have developed pimple like red blisters over my neck and face and also few on the upper body and also arms. Could this be one of the symptoms?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Switch625
Guru

Reged: 08/07/03
Re: HIV Rashes new
      #70552 - 08/29/03 02:44 PM

It could be, but it could also be something else entirely. Many different things cause rashes, like stress. Don't judge your HIV status by symptoms alone, doctors don't even do that. And everyone is different, so someone could have a rash like yours and be HIV- and someone else could have no rash and be HIV+.

What was your exposure and how long ago?

--------------------
Life is meant for living, not fearing.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Exposure new
      #70637 - 08/30/03 11:15 AM

I have posted earlier also on this board. My exposure was limited to masturbation with Vaginal Secretions over my hands. I had vaginal intercourse with 2 condoms on, and later took off the condoms, due to which my hands were covered in her vaginal fluids and masturbated myself to ejaculation. I gather that when the vaginal secretions come into contact with the tip of your penies, you could become infected. Please help me? What is the probability of infection from this act?

Switch625
Guru

Reged: 08/07/03
Re: Exposure new
      #70847 - 09/02/03 09:17 AM

Your probability of infection is nil. Yes, vaginal secretions coming into contact with your urethra is a risk, but only in an airtight and direct manner, i.e. unprotected vaginal sex. Fluids covering your hands and then touching your penis would not be a significant exposure to transmit the virus.

In the future, only one latex condom is needed. Using two condoms at once may cause them to break easier due to excessive friction against one another.

--------------------
Life is meant for living, not fearing.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 25926

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3