Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Lou
Unregistered

I cant bring myself to find out the results
      #70125 - 08/25/03 01:20 AM

my home access tests results are available, but I can't bring myself to call...even got drunk in an effort to make myself handle the results easier, but it was still not enough to psyche myself up to call home access.

I received oral sex from female with unknown hiv status, she was bleeding an hour earlier from biting into her lower lip. So 6 months later, I have done the home access test.

I've read everything from CDC about the low risk of oral transmission, but it still, this isn't easy. I will either celebrate, or plan out how to quietly live out my life in regretful isolation. I will move out of this apartment and get a couple of golden retreivers for companions. They will enjoy watching 'The Man Show' as much as I do.

A home access counselor even told me that less than 1% of people that take that test come back positive. I think about that 1% a lot.

Let me poll you all. Should I get the results this week before I go on vacation (with the thought of totally ruining it) or just do it. Anyone dare me to call?

Never thought a simple phone call could be so difficult. Reminds me of trying to call up a girl for a date.

Before I step outside for a beer and a cigarrette, let me ask again, what do you all think?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Switch625
Guru

Reged: 08/07/03
Re: I cant bring myself to find out the results new
      #70129 - 08/25/03 08:30 AM

Lou-Why put yourself through any more stress? Call and put an end to your worrying. Just remember, in over 20 years there has not been one documented case of a person getting HIV from receiving oral sex.

I know how stressful that phone call can be, but you are really worrying for no reason. And once you call and get your negative result, you will see what I mean.

--------------------
Life is meant for living, not fearing.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: I cant bring myself to find out the results new
      #70145 - 08/25/03 01:45 PM

Just call Lou - oral sex poses little if no risk at all.
You will get your negative result and then you will move on.

Really.

Lou
Unregistered

Re: finally called - NEGATIVE new
      #70271 - 08/26/03 09:57 AM

okay, finally called and received my hiv negative test result from home access. Spent most of yesterday celebrating and now my head aches as I try to make it into work a couple of hours late. I've got a lot to add to this post - I'll try do it when I get home.
I still consider what I did to be risky behavoir - receiving oral sex by a girl with unknown hiv status who had an open bleeding gash in her lower lip. The stress was not worth the pleasure.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1160

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3