Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Help
      #6980 - 07/10/00 11:09 PM

A few wks ago, I posted the subject of Millisecond slip. Does anyone know what the rash that is linked with HIV infection looks like? I appreciate the support from those who answered my question. I don't know what my problem is. I have alot of things going for me and I am a pessimist in that I think to myself, many times a day, I have all these blessings, I bet I have HIV. How sick is that? It has been 4 months since the 'millisecond slip' and I have not had any symptoms aside from a brief rash and a few days of feeling like I had a hangover a few different days over 2 weeks. Please respond to this post. I have never had a bona fide HIV test, but I did give plasma after unprotected sex and never heard anything from the plasma center. Yet, I just can't bring myself to go get tested b/c I feel as though I don't trust my response if I would test positive. Thanks and I appreciate finding a board where I can articulate my anxiety and concerns. :)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
aanxious
Unregistered

Re: Help new
      #6985 - 07/11/00 01:16 AM

HEYYYY i had a millisecond slip too. heh. anyway, from what i hear the rash is usually around your neck chest area... but looks vary. you should get tested! itll make you feel better. i get my 6 weeks results tomorrow... eeps. i know the chances are low but theyre still there and i worry. since youve passed 4 months, getting tested would save you lots of needless worry im sure!! besides, the tests they do like never gives a false positive because they double and triple check.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#6995 - 07/11/00 11:01 AM

I admire your braveness aanxious! This is driving me crazy? Btw, did you read my millisecond slip post? It is on 6/29 or 6/28 I believe. I am esp upset b/c it was with this guy who, yes I put myself into the situation, but I made it very clear to him that I wasn't sleeping with. But,he just obliged himself for a 'millisecond' and I freaked out on him. Is that some sort of assault?

aanxious
Unregistered

#7007 - 07/11/00 03:13 PM

ARGH! I know exactly how you feel about putting yourself in the situation and what not. I too made it very clear I would not be losing the big virginity with him for crying out loud!! What makes it even worse is that it was sort of like a one night stand thing so I swear.. if i get HIV from this accident, I will literally pass out and die. I can't imagine getting it before I've even had a chance to live... and my life aside from this has been going to wonderfully until this last week when I've been on constant worry mode.

Yes, I did read your millisecond slip post. The first day I found this board I like went through all the past posts. Yeah, I'm obsessed hehe. Anyway, when I called the HIV hotline here and told them about my accident, they told me HIV was not my biggest worry and shouldn't be. Instead, I need to be worrying about gonnorhea and chlamydia etc, but I can't help it. So, today I go in at 4:30 to get my results. God, I'm so nervous... and to think, I'll have to go through this all over again in 2 more months.

Wish me lots of luck.. and lots of luck to you!
(oh and about the assault thing, I think it may just be considered assault but I'm not going to into all that myself. I still know I had a great deal of fault in the situation too)

Anonymous
Unregistered

to aanxious new
      #7120 - 07/12/00 11:42 PM

Hey thanks for the tip from the HIV hotline. I have thought about you often throughout the day. Please get back to the board and let me know the GOOD news! k? Bless your heart, I know you are just fine. :)

aanxious
Unregistered

Re: to aanxious new
      #7123 - 07/12/00 11:53 PM

HEY! well i got my 6 weeks results.. negative. Of course, I've been getting back to a normal routine now after this first initial.. OH MY GOD part. I still need to give the hotline a call and ask about the bare facts on seroconversion. I hope youre doing better now too! Thanks for the support!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#7145 - 07/13/00 02:38 PM

that is so unethical to give plasma when you had a recent risk.. that is disgusting and criminal. You have got to be so self-serving it makes my brains fall out. If someone gets infected because you lied, I hopeyou go to hell!

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: to aanxious new
      #7219 - 07/15/00 10:08 AM

Glad to hear you received good news! I am still building up to getting tested, and hope it turns out as well as yours. BE SAFE!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#7701 - 07/27/00 12:32 PM

for YOUR information, perhaps you should RE READ my post!!!! I gave plasma PRIOR to this exposure and i was asking if the fact that I had NOT heard anything from the plasma center was a good indication that I did not have HIV. By the way, have you ever GIVEN plasma? THEY SCREEN IT FOR EVERYTHING SO THAT, IN THE EVENT A DONOR COMES IN WITH A VIRUS, IT IS NOT PASSED ALONG TO A RECIPIENT! I can't believe that you would be so self righteous to JUMP AT ME and issue a DAMNATION! TALK ABOUT SELF SERVING!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2089

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3