Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

How To Know if I am Infected ?
      #69100 - 08/12/03 01:34 PM

How is it that people can go years without testing and not know they have HIV ? There has to be symptoms to this Deadly Virus, I just dont understand how people do not know they have it unless they test.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: How To Know if I am Infected ? new
      #69179 - 08/13/03 03:25 AM

It's pretty simple, people just can't be bothered. Symptoms - it depends from a person to another. Some people can get very sick even during sreoconversion while others didn't have any symptoms for a decade before progressing to a full blown AIDS (where you'll get all sorts of disease). The basic rule of thumb - get yourself tested after you're over the window period. It is that simple!

Jackie_Blue
Veteran

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: How To Know if I am Infected ? new
      #69183 - 08/13/03 06:15 AM

In many cases, people may go through seroconversion and not realize what it is. After all, in most cases it mimics the flu. I didn't realize until after my positive test that the 'flu' I'd had a month before was ARS.

After ARS there is a period of time (about 10 years) that there are no symptoms. It's during this time that the virus slowly attacks the immune system.

It's because of this that the best thing you can do for yourself is assume anyone may be infected and use protection to keep the virus from being transmitted to you.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2646

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3