Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

throat infection
      #6694 - 07/06/00 01:55 AM

When you have ars a couple of weeks after a sexcontact, does it, like sore throat, appear at once or do you feel it coming in a week???

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
anxious

Reged: 07/05/00
Loc: canadadada
Re: throat infection new
      #6701 - 07/06/00 03:31 AM

i am repeatedly told that its different for everyone.. there are NO definites.. DO NOT try to go matching symptoms.. the ONLY way to know is to get tested..

;however, i had a low risk encounter recently and started getting all these symptoms (every single damn one might i add). i just got tested at the 6 weeks time slot.. (havent gotten results back yet).. buttt for the sore throat and many other symptoms i had (which my doctor says most likely had been due to a bacterial infection since i got strep throat right after) it was an all of a sudden thing while i was having iced coffee at night.

that was a rather confusing,and probably not a very helpful post... but basically CALL AN AIDS HOTLINE to analyze how risky your situation was or post on here, andddd more importantly DO NOT TRY MATCHING SYMPTOMS!! it will drive you insane like its done to me (mental health is important too). before i started reading all these symptoms, i was peachy....at least i could still sleep at night, right? good luck to you!!!

Cougar
Unregistered

Re: throat infection new
      #6714 - 07/06/00 11:00 AM

Were you tested for other STD's?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1354

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3