Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
anxious

Reged: 07/05/00
Loc: canadadada
pre seminal fluid
      #6679 - 07/05/00 11:47 PM

I was just wondering if anyone could help assess my risk in this situation...

a guy and i were fooling around and his naked penis possibly (its rather unclear for me) went into my vagina a little and for like a second. i was menstrating at the time and im aware that hiv is present in pre cum but my main question is... does menstrating add to the possiblity of getting infected like with the blood and what not?... is this situation very risky at all?

im not sure about his hiv status but now i have all these symptoms and i am FREAKING OUT... just got tested but i havne't passed the 3 months marker yet. my doctor says these symptoms relate to the fact that i just got strep throat... by the way, is sore throat a symptom for ars? in some sites, i see it is... but then in others, they say cold symptoms do not count.

finally... what are the chances that this first test (its been about 1 month) will test negative but the next time (3 months) it will test positive?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: pre seminal fluid new
      #6680 - 07/06/00 12:20 AM

i am no expert, but based on what i have read, in order to contract hiv the presiminal fluid should get into ur blood stream. since u said that the contact was only for a second, i feel the chances are very very very remote. sore throat is one of the common symptom of ars ...so are several other symptoms.. not strep throat alone !!

i think ur fine, don't worry too much and especially obsess with symptoms. good luck & god bless

Ashok

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: pre seminal fluid new
      #6682 - 07/06/00 12:31 AM

if you were menstrating this would not add to your risk.. The fact that you didn't have sex for along time is a good thing.. a test can become positive after 1mo.. I wouldn't stress too much, sounds like you are going to be ok.. good luck.. oh by the way, did your dr diagnose you w/ strep? Step is a bacterial infection and HIV is viral.. Sounds like your throat is sore due to a bacterial infection.. if that is the case, don't worry about your sore throat being ars..

anxious

Reged: 07/05/00
Loc: canadadada
re: glad to hear some positive feedback new
      #6686 - 07/06/00 12:40 AM

thanks for this positive support..
yes my doctor did assure me it was strep throat (i know its bacterial) buuttt im having all these thoughts like maybe my sore throat in the very beginning paved the way for an unhealthy throat that got me a strep throat infection. yeah, im pretty paranoid.. heh.

so now i anxiously await this test result... which still wont satisfy me completely if i do test negative what with all this seroconversion stuff...

but thanks for your help

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2259

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3