Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
AnonymousPC
Unregistered

Question about testing and immunizations
      #6667 - 07/05/00 07:58 PM

I have done a PCR DNA at 30 days, which came back non reactive. Obviously, this was a qualitative test but doaes anyone know the sensitivity of these tests?
The same day I have done an antibody test (Home Access Kit) which came back negative, as well (30 days).
I started to freak out shortly after my blood was drawn for the test, the same day I developed some ARS symptoms which still persists (1 week), including stomach pain, diarrhea, nausea, dry mouth, fatigue, body aches, swollen lymph nodes but so far no fever above 99.3 F, which I had only for few hours. I also had an anti tetanos immunization (shot) done during my physical, about 10 days after exposure. Does anyone found any article or have any ideea if the immunization could affect slow down the HIV virus or infection, I am terrified by the thought that my test could be a false negative.
Please post any comments, I really appreciate your input on this.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Troyanynonomous
Unregistered

Re: Question about testing and immunizations new
      #6705 - 07/06/00 09:31 AM

I'm looking at the same scenario. Same symptoms, atlthough no fever as of yet. Unprotected sex with a hooker in a druken rage. I test on 10 July. That would be about 40 days after exposure. I have a feeling I'm done, say a prayer

Cougar
Unregistered

Re: Question about testing and immunizations new
      #6713 - 07/06/00 10:58 AM

Hey, just about everyone here has experienced some symptoms that our mind has attributed to ARS. Hang in there and wait for the test results. Firstly, a big assumption from most of us is that our partner had HIV. Even if they had HIV the transmission rate is something like one percent. Wait for the test results and keep praying...and furthermore believe in the results. They are >99% accurate. Hang in there.

Take care.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1179

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3