Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Life is too short for this!
      #64759 - 05/07/03 03:05 PM

I was thinking about why so many people seem to obsess over hiv. It has to be guilt for the most part. I have not been on this board for at least seven months. Then this morning I decided to check in and wham the fear came back! I was tested at 6 weeks post exposure and it was neg. but I hadn't tested since. Well today after being on this board I decided to follow up and go get my definitive test. I just got back. I refuse to live my life in fear. I refuse to allow something like this to have control over me. It's time to take control and move on. I encourage all of you to be tested. If you wait the 3 mon. and you're neg. you have to let go and move on. Life is way too short to stay stuck like this. Listen, I know what you're going through. I have had the anxiety and depression this can cause. I have been suicidal. I have gone nights without sleep and spent days searching the internet about hiv. Not able to function. Not able to give my family what they need because I've been so stuck in my crap. What a waste. Life is for the living. We have to be strong. We have the ability to control our thoughts, to learn from our mistakes and move on. That's what life is about. We are human and humans will inevitably make mistakes. I pray we will all find the strength within ourselves that has always beem there. God Bless.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Life is too short for this! new
      #64763 - 05/07/03 06:49 PM

what was your exposure ?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#64768 - 05/08/03 12:00 PM

good luck!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#64784 - 05/09/03 02:20 AM

I like your attitude. Keep us posted and good luck…

Anonymous
Unregistered

#64786 - 05/09/03 02:59 AM

True. It's just that some have severe symptoms. Where can they move on to? How can they have a normal life? If you haven't had a lot of symptoms then you won't be able to understand the suffering of those people. It's worse than fear and anxiety. Please pray for us. I appreciate your thoughts!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1267

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3