Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Posted before:Please help:chichi!!
      #63226 - 04/07/03 06:57 PM

I'm sorry if I am bugging people with real problems but I had posted previously and thought I had Herpes:still think I do...I know I need to gettested but I want to know my risk first...I have a feeling I had H before and the new HIV infection has brought it all out causing me to autinoculate ervywhere:nver got tingly red lips ,now I do,itchy crawling skin all over ,esp worse with warm weather,burning pain and erythema in my hands and feet whicjhI found can be secondary to HIV infection: a condition called erythromelalgia:this is also associated with PN and it makes sense because I have also had tingling in my hands ,and a stabbing sort of pain.Add to this the fact that a wart appeared on my left thumb and recuureent sinus infections and you complete the diagnosis of HIV disease.I am NOT imagining these symptoms,I have had scares in the past that Ihave recovered from and moved on.

Herpes doesn't do all this.....I read some books in the local medschool library and they had these guys coming in with warts appearing anew with declines in Cell Mediated Immunity associated with HIV infection.

Iam at my wits end and my symptoms seem to mactch up more with the I just tested positive group rather than the worried wells.

I need a ray of light ,I've already started looking up the Hemlock Society maanuscripts:-( VeryDepressed.....

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
chichi
Master

Reged: 06/02/02
Re:Hi from ChiChi new
      #63275 - 04/08/03 01:28 AM

Hi,

I remember your posts and no, you are bugging me or anyone. You have real fears and concerns, I just don't think I can add to anything I have already written to you.

Herpes does not cause what you are describing. You don't even know if you have Herpes - you should get the blood test for herpes 1 and 2 and then you will know if you have that.

So - once you find out if you have Herpes 1 and/or 2, you should then move on to the HIV test. That is the only way to know and rule out - or in - if you have HIV.
There is nothing else I can add.

I told you I had symptoms that over time went away with knowing and beliving my negative results. It took about a year but I am mentally OK and physcially ok as well.

Take both tests and get all tests for STD's. Be adult about it and end your misery.

I still don't know what your exposure was or if you even had one.

I can't give you any ray of hope - the hope you are seeking will come to you in the answers from your STD's test.

Like I said - Bite the Bullet Baby and Get Tested - its the only way to know.

Just reread what I wrote to you before becasue nothing has changed since then except you are getting more and more crazed with the thought of something you probably don't have and that's a shame because you should be able to move on and live your life without false fears.

Please get the tests. Do it from 90 days from the time you last had any encounters and stop being an internet doctor!

Please let me know what happens.

I can't give you the peace of mind you need - that will come from the results.

JUST DO IT ALREADY!
CHICHI

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 864

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3