Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
can_I_live

Reged: 04/06/03
PLEASE PLEASE RESPOND..I NEED HELP BAD!!
      #63200 - 04/07/03 05:20 PM

A few weeks after an unprotected vaginal sex encounter I experienced what I thought was classic ARS. The symptoms included mouth ulcers, fatigue, swollen lymph nodes, loss of 15lbs, full body rash with what looked like ance, thrush, sore throat,headaches, severe depression(suicidal thoughts) etc... I tested negative on Elisa at 4,5,6,7,8.5 months and negative on a PCR. To this day I have noticed abnormal changes in my body which include gum problems(gingivitis,receding gums), fat redistribution(increase in stomach fat and buttocks fat), loss of muscle tone and headaches. The only thing I have tested positive for is mono(ebv) which was 4 months ago. Does anyone have any insight??I've done everything in my power to get to the root of this problem. My doc told me to continue testing for HIV out to 12 months..I'm at the end of my rope ..Has anyone experience anything simuliar or give me hope?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: PLEASE PLEASE RESPOND..I NEED HELP BAD!! new
      #63225 - 04/07/03 06:46 PM

Redistribution of fat is a side effect of medication, so unless you are already on antiretrovirals then that has nothing to do with HIV. None of your symptoms have anything to do with HIV because you tested negative over a conclusive window period of 3 months SEVERAL more times than you needed and a PCR to boot. You don't have HIV.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#63250 - 04/07/03 07:52 PM

Relax....take a deep breath...YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV....Im a x-worried well...and stress and depression and worry can really put a tole on your body....and make you feel "ILL"...
after 3 mths..6 mths. after your incident and you tested negative each time "YOU ARE FINE"..."YOU ARE HEALTHY"....go talk to your doctor about your depression...my doctor put me on Prozac and Im tellin ya..what a difference I feel great and so can you...also what I suggest is for you to go seek another doctors oppinion. I have never heard of a doctor saying you should get tested after 12 mth. Never heard of such a thing....GET A SECOND OPINION!!!!!!!! Take Care and feel some relief... Ex-Worried Well

chichi
Master

Reged: 06/02/02
      #63276 - 04/08/03 01:37 AM

Hi,
I'm an x-worried well for HIV but I did get Herpes2.
I tested negative at 3 months and 6 months and I had the opportunity to test again at 11.5 months and guess what - I am still negative. I believe my results but since I was having other tests done, I figured - eh, why not throw in an HIV test. Even though I knew I was negative, the stress came back - I will not test again. It is stupid - I wasted my money and time on that last test for no reason.

You are negative, you will not seroconvert but you are picking up the testing habit which gets hard to break and then you become a worried well.

You are negative!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The rest is up to you - believe it or not.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1340

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3