Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
UK Guy
Unregistered

What Are The Chances
      #62766 - 04/04/03 08:17 AM

Three weeks ago I had protected fellatio and I licked her clitoris for about 10 secs (no sign of blood or other disease). It was a massage parlour in the UK and the female was oriental.

Since then I have had a sore/itchy neck rash.
Soreish throat.
Blocked nose.
Muscle pain i.e. like I;ve strained myself in the arms, thighs and calves.
I've developed three smallish mouth ulcers in the inside of my lip (two on the bottom, one on top).

How big a risk am I. I am 100% convinced that I am HIV+, and at the point of telling my wife.

Please advise.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
UK Guy
Unregistered

Re: What Are The Chances new
      #62767 - 04/04/03 08:20 AM

With only licking her clitoris, would the HIV virus (if she was positive) survive long in the air i.e. it wasn't in the vagina, but her clitoris?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#62768 - 04/04/03 09:12 AM

you are fine.

Anonymous
Unregistered

your negative new
      #62772 - 04/04/03 11:51 AM

your more likely to get hit by lightning- you need to get a test at 3 months to be 100% sure but please remember there are no recorded transmissions this way. you are neagtive- everyone has cheated sometime in their life- I would simply wait for your results and then reavaluate your situation

Anonymous
Unregistered

#62776 - 04/04/03 01:10 PM

I wouldn't even bother getting tested based on this very very low to no risk. All you'll do is have nine more weeks of needless worry. No-one gets infected with HIV by doing what you did.

Please DON'T tell your wife. You WON'T be infected this way and you'll cause more harm than good by doing so. Far better to think about why you went to the parlour and think about that. No need to feel guilty about it, just learn from it and move on.

Phone a GU clinic anonymously and they'll be able to reassure you more. Or go and see someone face to face, you don't have to give your real name.

Your "symptoms" mean nothing as has been proved hundreds of times here, but they will remain as long as you're convinced (wrongly) that you have HIV.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#62779 - 04/04/03 04:15 PM

Apparently there is something going on in oriental massage parlours. Symptoms have been much worse and more prolonged than HIV ARS.

You will get a negative result for HIV. But I hope your body will be able to overcome whatever virus you caught. For some, their lives have been totally changed forever after such experience with Asian females. The infection

Whatever you do, believe us, you will test negative for HIV. Not possible to get it this way. Been there done that. So I guarantee you! What I cannot tell you is the name of the crap you caught. You will hear a lot of people, including doctors, telling you it's all in your head. I hope it is in your case.

Anon

Anonymous
Unregistered

#62812 - 04/04/03 07:06 PM

But this guy has stated that it wasn't in an oriental massage parlour, it was in a UK massage parlour.

And why are you assuming he has caught a virus? There is no proof at all, in fact there is far, far more evidence to say he hasn't caught anything new at all from this extremely low risk encounter.

Whatever your own personal experiences, I think it is irresponsible to basically tell someone they've caught some new and unidentified virus, based on the flimsiest of evidence.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#62928 - 04/05/03 08:13 AM

What you caught is a case of guilt. It's a nasty little virus that punishes the body for indiscretions.

Not-Happy
Unregistered

#63050 - 04/06/03 04:47 PM

I had an experience with an Asian women and I have had ever symptom in the book that could be associated with HIV infection. However, I have tested negative out to one year. At this point, I'm not going to test anymore because the results will be negative. I only pray that all of my symptoms will resolve one day soon.

Not-Happy

Anonymous
Unregistered

#63095 - 04/06/03 11:43 PM

Not Happy

Sure, this is one way to deal with it. But judging from the past, this way has proven ineffective. People give up on their health and start convincing themselves that they feel better. Most victims don't get much better.

I hate to say this, but the only sane way to deal with this is to face it, and be persistent. Doctors will only pay attention to this when they absolutely have to, and this is when the numbers are so big that research is warranted. The problem with our illness is that most people are happy for now to be negative and don't want publicity, which is unlike SARS for instance. They are frightened by the stigma of HIV1 and HIV2.

God, please help us. I hope all I said is just wrong!! I hope someone tells me that it's not founded.

Anonymous

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2519

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3