Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

HIV or Wot?
      #61839 - 03/28/03 04:44 PM

I need help and I think you are the only ones who can help me get rid of this paranoia. I am a gay man who had unprotected sex more than a year ago. 3 months after the exposure and than every three months until now I got tested for HIV it was ELISA what they did and all were negative however I have got all the symptoms I read on the internet for HIV except night sweats - dry cough. Last August I got bitten by a bloody tick an got infected with a bacteria called borelli or in another name Lyme disease and the symptoms of this disease are similar to HIV. I am so confused I have to change my life style according to HIV or Lyme but I dont know wot to do?? Is that possible still to test negative for HIV although I have most of the symptoms more than one year after the exposure. Thanks ever so much for the answers in advance...

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: HIV or Wot? new
      #61848 - 03/28/03 09:07 PM

No it isn't possible. You have tested negative 3 months and +, past the time of exposure. You have tested conclusively negative. You are not infected with HIV.

It sounds like you have tested positive for Lyme disease. Deal with that, that's real.

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: HIV or Wot? new
      #61934 - 03/29/03 06:53 PM

Well since your tests show you don't have HIV, I guess you should focus on the Lyme Disease.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1137

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3