Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous1
Unregistered

Swollen Lymph Node question
      #6084 - 06/23/00 09:27 AM

Greetings! This is a follow-up from a previous post. I wish to draw on the vast experiences of those on this board. After 2 exposures in March, I noticed neck swelling the middle of May. It's still there. The Dr first said swollen posterior cervical node. A few weeks ago dr ordered a CT scan. Now dr says it's not a node, but "abnormal swelling of soft tissue". It's about the size of a walnut. Just below it, 2 weeks apart, a small red area with a pimple in the middle appeared, each lasted about a couple of days. Dr says that's what caused the swelling, but I've also had one on each arm, at different times. I visited dr because of a bad bout of vertigo, which dr said was viral and will go away. Never had that before. Dr reluctant to do test, but I took it anyway, results next week. The exposure most concerned about is with middle finger, and the next morning skin was pulled back above the nail and it burned - small exposed area. Could someone provide some insight as to this node diagnosis? Sounds kind of strange. Thanks to you all.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 955

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3