Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

immune system question?
      #60060 - 03/07/03 12:39 AM

i had unprotected sex with two diffrent 19 year old caucasion women between late dec.2002 and early jan 2003,i was tested at over thirty days and came up negative and have just gone in for a 60 day test this week,ive been really depressed and obcessing over all this constantly its even produced physical symptoms,ive been into working out for over a year now and to get my mind off of things i decided to begin to cycle some steroids while i begin a new workout routine and i know they weaken your immune system so if i go back at 90 days to get tested will they interfere with the results i mean i figured if you have the virus you have it and if you dont you dont but im not sure how the testing methods go about detecting it is it?any replies would be apprciated ill keep all of you in my prayers

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie_Blue
Veteran

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: immune system question? new
      #60064 - 03/07/03 06:52 AM

ELISA detects HIV antibodies. That's how it works. Steriods won't delay antibody protection.

Why would you want to take steriods, aren't they like some deadly way to bulk up? Go figure. You're worried about a life threatening illness, but then willingly take a life threatening drug.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1311

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3