Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

suspicious antibodies
      #59912 - 03/04/03 10:06 PM

I just got hiv test results back that were negative. However, they indicated that there were suspicious antibodies present. My doctor said i should consider myself infected since it probably means the very beginning of an infection. Does anyone know if there is any likeliness at all that I actually am negative and the suspicious antibodies could conceivably be something else or harmless or not show up next time (I was retested). My doctor seemed very unclear and said he wasn't used to this type of result.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Get a Western Blott! new
      #59928 - 03/04/03 10:32 PM

i dont understand -
your test was neg but your doc says you are positive?
go somewhere else and get tested now!
why didnt the doctor to a western blott on that same sample?
it's either or -like -- you can't be a little pregnant
get tested - also, when was your possible exposure and when did you test?

Anonymous
Unregistered

Some one help this guy w/info! new
      #59931 - 03/04/03 10:36 PM

Can one of the regulars on this board respond to the above post-
I think this guy is getting wacko info from his doctor and needs to be put in the right direction.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Get real new
      #59934 - 03/04/03 10:39 PM

speak english please - and tell this guy what his next step should be - i am sure he/she is scared.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Get wise new
      #59942 - 03/04/03 10:51 PM

Pierre you crazy guy. Go peddle your crap somewhere else. HIV and AIDS do exist. AIDS is not caused by yeast infections as you would like everyone to believe. Don't you have some detoxification or something to do. Got to get those nasty little dead yeast cells out of that stomach lining don't you? Hope that the boost you got from HARRT last for a while. Only 10 years huh? You could have skated through that without any HARRT. Wait till you've been around as long as I have, if you make it that long. But hey, it's nice to think HIV is harmless isn;t it.

Is there any place that your views are welcomed? If so, then go spend your time there.

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: suspicious antibodies new
      #59975 - 03/05/03 04:34 AM

Elisa tests results are given as either reactive (positive) or non-reactive (negative). I don't know what he is talking about when it comes to suspicious antibodies.

Elisa tests that are positive then have a WB performed on the sample. The only thing I can think of is and mind you, this is a really wild guess is. The doctor gave you results from the WB. Perhaps it was indeterminate. If a person has an indeterminate result then a second test needs to be done a few weeks after. Indeterminate results are caused by two things. A person in the middle of seroconversion and not having enough antibodies yet to make a conclusive postive, or, some people continue to test positive Elisa and indeterminate WB. It has something to do with their personal body chemisty. These people are considered to be HIV negative.

Like I said, with the information from your post all I can do is make a wild guess. It's quite possible that his comment had nothing to do with WB's at all.

How long after exposure did you test. Did your doctor tell you what type of tests were run? Can you talk to your doctor and get better clarification?

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: what is a few weeks? new
      #59978 - 03/05/03 09:52 AM

how many weeks after the WB should he be retested with another elisa? 2-5-10 weeks? (if thats the senario)

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: what is a few weeks? new
      #59980 - 03/05/03 11:57 AM

I think it's recommeded to test 2-3 weeks later, but again, that is if an WB is indeterminate only and for the orignal poster no one really knows if he even had a WB or if his doctor is just a little confused. Either way in his circumstances another test to clear up the confusion is a good idea.

JB

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2434

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3