Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ars and opitunistic infection
      #59847 - 03/04/03 08:53 AM

I read a lot in here about ppl getting contact with other ppls blood without sexual contact but I'm unsure about the risk.I had contact with someones blood which came into contact on a fresh cut of mine during a brawl I tried to break up.The blood was from my friend and I know him to have had unsafe sex many times with women.After 6 weeks I had a soar throat which possably could've been ars but still I dunno.The close to 6 months late I got an itchy rash followed by a sever throat infection.If this was too late to be ars could it of been an oppitunistic infection?or are oppitunistic infections only common in ppl with aids and not hiv?When do oppitunistic infections occur?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Ars and opitunistic infection new
      #59849 - 03/04/03 11:29 AM

The definition for Advanced HIV Disease for reporting purposes is a person having a CD4 count of 200 or less and/or an OI.

6 months however is not going to have been long enough for any appreciable amount of damage to have been done to the immune system. People have years, not months, before having to worry about OI's.

While I can see what happened to you would give you pause to wonder. Once again. You don't see breaking up fights and, many are bloody, as a way to become infected. If it didn't have anything to do with unprotected sex or sharing needles then it isn't considered a form of transmission.

There was a guy on here once that was worried about the same thing. He was jumped and from his description he was covered in blood. He tested negative.

It looks as if there has been more than enough time since the fight that any test you take would be conclusive. If this is something that keeps bothering you, get tested. I personally don't think you need to, but then you can put this behind you.

JB

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 715

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3