Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Thom
Unregistered

up to the way to confirm
      #59769 - 03/03/03 09:10 AM

Well,
First, don't panic, this story does not happen in the states, but i hope you don't mind allowing me to write something down here. haha, I am the unlucky guy there, the prevalence of HIV infected person is below 0.5% of the total popluation.

For my story/tragedy, please refer to the message with title "framed ?!" in the "tested" forum before (well, indeed, this is my fault to enter the game even be framed or not) Also, I posted message (say, "chance of being infected" etc) here about my symptoms and I don't believe the Elisa combo w/ p24 antigen tested negative, and get feedback. However, my CD4 count back at week 15 showed it is abnormally now, just 412, with PCR RNA-hiv 1 ultraquast (bdna) < 50 (or 1.7log 10) which means undetectable ? Waiting the confirmatory test result for another Elisa at week 17. Now with swollen lymph under armpit. Thus, haha, I guess I did get the rare HIV-2...poor...unless I get other cureable disease with similar symptoms and abnormal low CD4 - which is impossible. Yet, I am lonely, really lonely, with marriage planning to be cancelled (really don't want to get her involved or she is not qualified to make committment as she is really confused and puzzled) well..just really sad of no kid before leaving the world (well, even if vaccine is available, I guess it is for hiv-1 first).
All in all, suppose i am right, anyone hear a latest treatment for hiv-2, and how can one measure the viral load hiv-2 to measure the disease progess ? Thank you and take care.

just my 2 sense (thom)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: up to the way to confirm new
      #59776 - 03/03/03 11:02 AM

HIV2 isn't so rare that it can't be found, measured and quantified. If you have convinced yourself that you now have HIV2 since you are negative for HIV1, then just take the test for HIV2. HIV2 will be picked up most of the time on an HIV1 test anyway.

Until then try not to make life plans based on the fact YOU think you are infected and YOU think the test results are not correct. Based them on the facts.

If that ELISA COMBO (which I think test for 2 anyway) with the P24 didn't find anything, then there isn't anything to find. End of story.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#59780 - 03/03/03 03:27 PM

I read your post on the other board. All you had was a hand job? You don't get infected from handjobs, or reused massage oil. You don't need to worry about rare strains. The only thing you need to do is learn how HIV is actually transmitted.

Between your test which you didn't need and the fact you didn't even have any type of risk, rest assured you are negative.

If you continue to find yourself convinced that you are right and all the tests are wrong. Seek professional mental help. Seriously.

Thom
Unregistered

#59804 - 03/03/03 04:40 PM

Thanks for you reply.

At this stage, I don't look at the risk now, I look at my CD4 count which is just 34% (absolute - 412) (after 4 month after the exposure) - normal range 32% ( absolute - 720) up. Well, so apart from HIV, with the similar symptoms, what kind of disease can I get to contribute to the fast decline in CD4 ? So, just wonder and ask ! The < 50 pcr-rna hiv 1 (bdna, ultraquest) may mean I don't have hiv-1 (but not hiv-2), but may also mean i have, but just undectectable, or a false negative that the strain can't pick up.

Let me make it clear the risk that I can see (normal risk) :
1. masturbation with and without massage lubricant for 10 more minutes as no feeling, no erection(technically yes, but risk is negligible)
2. tongue touched my tits for a few second. (can't avoid in such a short period - likely no risk)
3. tongue (i guess now), instead of hand touched my wet wound at my waist lightly. (some risk)
4. her nipples touched my urthea for a few second (can't avoid since too fast and no response on brain)
5. her skin (have rash, just guess) touched my penis.
6. Contacted the infected vaginal fluid accientally for a short period (with her underwear there - may be yes, then it is risky, but most likely no)
7. well, this is not a risk factor, but a factor which may contribute to me to infect or die quickly..haha.- having hepatitis vaccine injected at week 3 (at that time, i was strange about the rash, but didn't think of hiv)

Abnormal one :
1. just infected massage lubricant - highly likely as my back tingling and itching feeling afterward especially near the bottom (waist)
2. unexplained small, but symmetric punctures on the side of the nose (well, one more variable, risk factor added, how unlucky i was).
3. masturbate with the infected body fluid on penis without my notice (just guess - may be i am insane..haha)

unlucky Thom

X-happy
Unregistered

#59832 - 03/04/03 12:13 AM

Hey Thom

Listen, I share your pain. I have been getting all the ARS symptoms as well. It's 4 months for me now too. I got tested for HIV1 and HIV2 with ELISA, PCR RNA and PCR DNA. All are negative. We do NOT have HIV1 nor HIV2, OK?

Read KitG's response to my messages this week. This guy has also had very bad symptoms. He would never believe his results. Finally he recovered now. So there IS hope. There are other folks like him too.

I don't know what is happening with you or me. It could either be stress or some infection. If it is infection, I hope it is not a retrovirus like HIV. Most probably it is not, because I already know 3 people in Europe who have had sever symptoms after REAL exposures and have been assured they have no retrovirus.

What part of the world are you in?

X-happy

Thom
Unregistered

#59833 - 03/04/03 01:20 AM

Hi X-happy,
Thanks for your concern and encouragement. How comes you are still here ? you should give up browsing here and relax yourself. We talk before, so I know your case. Well, I wish I had no HIV, just some infection, but...my decline of CD4 count (just 419 l/ul, normal range - 720-1440), would not be a coincidence regardless other symptoms. Indeed, I faced the abnormal risk which may probably put me to a death corner. Though I am not the most inncent guy, the tragedy happened to me would change my life definitely.

Take care

Rgds,
Thom

P.S. I come from the east, hope you don't mind talking to me

X-happy
Unregistered

#59834 - 03/04/03 01:50 AM

How would I know it's you if you haven't been using a screen name? Anyway, I'm here for the same reason you are here, so no wondering. It's quite funny how we keep comforting one another while we are freaked out ourselves.

Getting CD counts was not a good idea. I read over and over that CD counts bounce up and down in HIV-negative people. In fact there was a study that showed exactly that. What HIV does is that it depletes CD4 continuously over time, while other infections/inflammations/stress can take the counts up and down back and forth.

Take a look at this study for instance:

http://archinte.ama-assn.org/issues/v160n5/ffull/ilt0313-6.html

One more thing. I have been having nasty ARS-like symptoms after sleeping with a prostitute without a condom! My CD counts after 6 weeks of horrible symptoms were CD4=1175 and CD4/CD8 = 2.73, which should NOT be the case in ARS, or while you're having symptoms. Right? Maybe my counts are different now (2 months later), but I learned that I should not get this test unless I have HIV.

Send me an e-mail if you like to talk one-on-one. I'm at vegas_viking2002@yahoo.com.

X-happy

Thom
Unregistered

#59835 - 03/04/03 02:31 AM

Hi again, X-happy.
haha, i am "just my 2 sense" who make you nervous and calm you down before.
Anyway, thanks for your information of the CD4+. Chance is that I get other infection or so. Indeed, your CD4 is within the normal range (720-1440), and the high cd4 indicated that your body may fight with infection during your symptoms. Mine, CD4 (419)/CD8(850) ratio is just 0.49, with abnormal low lymphocyte count. (this happened at week 7 too)

Well, anyway, waiting for the Elisa test result again at week 17. (unless there is miracle on me, well...) Take Care.
and thanks again for your concern.

Rgds,
Thom
helpthom2003@yahoo.com

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
      #59844 - 03/04/03 04:46 AM

Thorn,

One CD4 draw tells you nothing. A CD4 count can vary greatly throughout the day. It is the pattern of the count that is important, not any one single count. I've noticed my counts are higher, sometimes, as much as a few hundred when I get my bloodwork done in the afternoon.

Over the years some people have from time to time gone ahead and done CD4 counts and other types of blood work. Sometimes the counts were like yours. They freaked. Needlessly. Whatever caused the counts wasn't HIV. They have all tested negative. I think at this point they all have move past being convinced they were positive based on symptoms and CD4 counts and finally believed their test results.

I'm not sure where you get your figures from for a normal CD4 count. The day I hit 500 again my doctor congratulated me for getting myself back up in the normal range. He says normal is between 500 and 1100.

Which brings me to another point....I noticed in one of your posts you say you don't believe your results. There in lies the real problem. You have convinced yourself that you are infected and your mind is busy accomodating what YOU believe, totally ignoring anything that doesn't fit into that belief, including negative test results.

Look at how dramatic you are about all this. The choice of words and phrases you use: 'tragedy', 'waiting on a miracle', 'framed', 'murdered'. You talk as if you have already been diagnosised. You had no risk and yet, you insist on the fact you are right and your tests are wrong. It's an odd occurence on this board. I've noticed the less risk a person has, the more convinced they seem to be that they are infected and no one else can figure that out, even the doctors and the tests.

I also read your list of how you might have gotten it. I didn't see ANYTHING on that list that is considered a valid way for infection. I did see things on that list that some people have considered a way for infection (for them, the 1 in a billion), but again, they all have tested negative.

I do have one question...while I'm sure she didn't drop HIV infected anything on those two puncture wounds on your nose, how in the world could she have given you two puncture wounds and you not notice at the time? Someone poking my nose with something sharp enough to cause that type of wound would certainly have gotten my attention at the time.

You also said something about your ARS going to week 12? IMPOSSIBLE. ARS occurs between 2-4 weeks. It is self-resolving in about a week. Symptoms that continue over a long period of time have nothing to do with initial HIV infection. I guess the fact you have so many symptoms that have continued is a good thing. It proves that this can't have anything to do with HIV.

Anyway, from my side of the fence, I have yet to see you say anything that makes me think you are really infected, but you have said quite a bit that would convince me that you aren't infected.

Thom
Unregistered

#59845 - 03/04/03 06:06 AM

Tks Jackie,

Good Morning, I am not crazy, I just want to rule out hiv infection, so having that sort of test. Indeed, if not hiv infection, there must be something wrong with me since that exposure. So, if I am lucky enough to rule out HIV infection, I will find out what infection I have. I don't think my brain could "create" such symptoms and the even abnormal blood count. I don't think it is just a coincidence.

Regarding the puncture, right, I didn't say "she" the masseure caused the puncture absolutely. Indeed, I guess it is caused by the envirnomental factor : the massage table where I headed my face down with towel over it. It sounds like absurd, but it really didn't cause me any painful feeling, and the distance between two wounds are so small that two symmetric, cicular punctures can be found. (Well, don't think that I create it, it is the fact) Just when I go to the washing room, I then realized that, and take me by surprise. At that time, I am scared for a second, as the superficial skin of it is removed, and had bleed before. then afterward, I don't think of any reason if it is related to HIV as I think no one will put it down, and framed somebody deliberately. Thus, I leave the washing room without any complaint and desire to find it out how I can get that. Actually, my big mistake is that I never think of HIV that can be catched in the massage parlour (too naive), and the masturbation is just a causal contact, so no condom is put on the penis. (i am not cicumcised, may be problem arises)

For the ARS, the vaccination (hep b) may probably have a transient increase of the viral load (2-200 times) for one month (just like I have 2nd infection or like I get the progessive hiv strain, just my guess as no literature addressed it). OR, well, my rash did break out few days later (can't remember exactly) to six weeks horizon, and peak is likely at week 2 to 3. The rash would be disppeared at once (the bump) once I applied skin ointment, and disppeared in few days if being untreated. Well, I get 4 painful white rash, and 3 Seb Dermatitis too.

Indeed, since my night sweating with sleep disturbance comes after my first rountine blood test at week 7, and before that, the same day, I went to play golf under the very cold weather. I once think that it is the stress that make it. However, it is really drenching (for 3 night) at my forehead, and have a "hot and tingling" feeling at my back when I get up in the midnight. (and in one occasion, the sweating continues even I get up). I think if I get TB, but my lung is clear at week 14. Well, the 'fluid' on my body and penis most of the time is the massage lubricant, and I have tingling and itching feeling of my body afterward till now, and have itching feeling of the inner part of the forskin near the end of the shaft of the penis for 3 more months (now disappeared), may be hiv is trapped in the inner cell of the foreskin and my skin of the body. Just guess.

I admitted that I think more than I know, and only serology test will tell me whether I am infected or not. Indeed, I think one should think it illogically for things happened on me. Let's time to prove it. If I am wrong, I will be very happy and post the "worried well" to all. If not, please don't refuse to talk to me.

Tks again Jackie,

Rgds,

Anonymous
Unregistered

#59846 - 03/04/03 06:44 AM

I hope that when you receive the same negative results as your other tests have been you will put this to rest.

Think about this: You don't have a dectecable viral load, you have no antibodies, tests have already proved that. No viral load + no antibodies = No HIV. It it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a duck.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2136

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3