Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

herpes
      #59144 - 02/18/03 10:21 PM

Hi evrybody,

I am not sure how to begin as I am confused. I tested negative for HIV but positive for genital herpes. I am not even sure waht to do anymore

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pitted Plum
Unregistered

Re: herpes new
      #59157 - 02/19/03 01:21 AM

first off -
congratulations on being hiv neg!
as for gh2 - you've got it and theres nothing to do to get rid of it but! ......... you dont die from it and life goes on.
at first it can be painful and mentally upsetting - to say the least - but as time goes on, you learn to live with it and it does subside.
you can take antivirals like valtrex or famvir or you can do nothing and see what happens and how often you get out breaks.
you will have to change your sex habits but thats up to you -
go to this site called www.racoon.com
click on the herpes link.
you will get a lot of info and there many interative message boards there and people help. thats what got me thru the herpes surprise as well as this board getting me thru an hiv scare.
read all you can about it and then stop. i know its hard not to have it on your mind every second of the day but as time goes by, it will stop being your focal point in life. i never thought i could or would believe what i just wrote but it had been almost 9 months for me and i never thought i'd be sane again.
check out www.racoon.com
its the orginal hepres home page.
believe it or not - you are still the same person you were before you got gh2 and yes, you will have sex again and yes, you will meet someone - you just need time for the shock to wear off first - it is a major blow but you are hiv neg!
hang in there and go to that web site.
i understand what you are feeling and going thru, i was there and still kind of in a way.
if you go to racoon.com, you will read hundreds of others with your same feelings and problems and some helpful solutions and it is nice to talk it out.
things do get better -
hang in there, its not what you wanted in life but you got it and you have no choice but to deal with it ..... and you will, eventually - it takes time.... lots of time.
are you male or female - just wondering - no reason.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#59221 - 02/19/03 10:18 PM

Thanks for ur response. I am male. yeah, I guess at this point I just dont know what to do. To make things worse, I keep doubting my HIV results. I am so paranoid to the point that not only dont I trust my HIV results, I am beginning to worry about warts and penile cancer, and other stuff. But thanks for the supportive response. When did u find out u had herpes?

Pitted Plum
Unregistered

#59223 - 02/20/03 12:21 AM

i am female - got it from a stupid moment 9 months - slept with a guy on the first date so, there was no "boyfriend" support there and didnt use protection.
anyway ..............
i had the same thoughts and fears you have now. i doubted my neg hiv tests, thought i had gential warts and cercival cancer but guess what - i went to the gyno and i tested negative for everything but genital herpes2.
i see a shrink, lost a lot of weight and went into a big depression but i am coming out of it now after 9 months. its a big blow but like i wrote - its not hiv.
accepting and trusting your neg hiv test and other neg std results will just be a matter of time or maybe you should retest for hiv for assurance but dont get hooked on testing - thats how you never move on! you tested neg past 3 months and that wont change. herpes doesnt mean you have hiv or will get it 5-6-7 months from now!
start dealing with herpes and your "new" social life and try not to focus on the scare you had, its hard to do and easy to say.
hang in there. the longer you punish yourself, the longer you will stay in this depression and it aint worth it - you have mourned enough - perk up a little!
did you go to www.racoon.com and click on the herpes home page yet?
speaking to someone helps - i tried to pretend it didnt happen and holding it inside of me helped me get pushed over the edge, mentally.
hope this helps somehow - you are not alone cause you have herpes - it just is a scary thing at first.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#59240 - 02/20/03 03:49 PM

What were your herpe symptoms

Pitted Plum
Unregistered

My symptoms new
      #59244 - 02/20/03 10:00 PM

had unprotected vaginal sex, the guy pulled out. started feeling a burning or raw sensation that eve and i felt sick that night - threw up, night sweats, dizzy and lower abdominal pains. by day 3 i thought i had a yeast infection but using monostat didnt help. from day 3-7 i had nasty burning in my vagina and anus (no anal sex). the entire area was bright red and hurt like a blow torch. my anus throbbed and i had the worst lower tailbone spine pain. day 7 i went to the gyno and she found 2 small "pimples" and did a culture. when she broke the pimples to get the fluid - it hurt like WOHA!!!! she said right away - it was h2.
with women it is more internal - on a guy you see it - right there on the penis.
valtrex does nothing for me - i am just lucky --- not only do i get herpes2 but none of the meds help me! i should have played the lottery that eve!
anyway ----- as you can see, it is almost 9 months and i am still working on my anger but thats for another post.
my first outbreak or inital outbreak lasted almost 8 weeks and the pain finally started to go away by 6 months. the herpes lives in the lower ganglion of the spine so all og my nerves got blown away and are finally calming down.
i have had 3 breakouts - all mild, only lasted 3-5 days - nothing like the inital breakout. i had the same 2 pimples in the same spots and a slight burn in that area with a red raw patch of skin and a stabbing pain in my lower back. otherwise - when it goes away, its like nothing is going on down there but mentally - thats another story.
ask me anything - if i can help you i will
pitted plum

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: My symptoms new
      #59270 - 02/21/03 04:14 PM

Just wondering did you have any numbness in hands.

Pitted Plum
Unregistered

Re: Hands new
      #59273 - 02/21/03 04:51 PM

No,
herpes travels along a path of nerves and it usually takes the same path.
hepres of the lips travels along the trigeminal nerve in the face.
herpes of the genitals travels to the scarial ganglion - the tailbone.
thoe are the only places it travels to and back and then nests there untill it resurfaces again back down the path of nerves - the way it entered is the way it travels back down.
so -----
herpes1 or 2 doesnt font go to the hand or feet. some people feel a numbness or tingles in the buttocks or a slight burn down their leg and even to the toes - like a siaticia nerve pain - but thats because all the nerves meet at the base of the spine and that where GH2 nests.
no, i have never had hand numbness - that is not a herpes symptom.
why you have hand numbness, i have no idea, it is not related.
hope this helps you.
what symptoms do you have, when did you get it and are you on meds? how are you doing mentally?
please go to the www.racoon.com site and click on the herpes home page for great info and message boards.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Hands new
      #59281 - 02/21/03 07:10 PM

thanks pitted plum,Ive had many symptoms Im a male ive had diarreah,bloating stomach,low fever,headache and numbing in hand and fingers mostly one hand and i think im getting it in my foot also not sure but its feeling strange.Ive tested out to 10 months for hiv,hep ect. all neg,but the numbing is getting worse.Ive been to doctors they don't take me seriously.But its definetly not in my head,just want to know whats happening ,then i can deal with it.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: i understand new
      #59287 - 02/21/03 11:05 PM

hey, i understand how you feel about people not taking you seriously. i am sure you have real numbness and/or pain. maybe you should see a nuerologist - a new doctor and when you do, don't mention your hiv fears or other std fears, just talk about the other stuff and mention that you recently gotten genital herpes but dont focus on it to the doctor.
i saw my unternest today for an eye infection - i got pink eye from a hot tub - and while i was there i spoke to her about my herpes and the hiv test results and ya know what - when she left me to get dressed she said how she can tell i am attributing everything to herpes and how i should be past my hiv scare. she didnt believe me that i was just asking questions and i told her i know my pink eye was from the hot tub but she now thinks i am a wacko. now, everytime i see her i know that she will think i am a hypchondriate.
so - maybe you should see someone new and not mention your fears - you are neg for hiv so dont bring it up.
have or try to have a nice weekend.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: i understand new
      #59309 - 02/22/03 01:19 PM

Thanks,Your right i definetly have numbness just about every night i wake up with one or both hands numb,Also many other symptoms since my possible exposure muscle pains,headaches red blotches on face conjuctivitis,diareaha,headaches,and more.

Pitted Plum
Unregistered

Re: i understand but new
      #59311 - 02/22/03 01:47 PM

your tests were and are neg -
stress can do a lot to the body.
i lost 25 lounds, broke out, sore throat, lost me job, sweated at night, shook sll the time ----
it was all mental - i was always negative.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3819

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3