Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

ARS Rash Question
      #58512 - 02/14/03 06:30 PM

I've read that the typical rash is like a sunburn. Ryan Kull mentions bumps (maculopapular) in every description he gives.

Tell me, does it come and go over a couple of hours, then come back (maybe in slightly different areas of the chest)? Or is it just THERE from the time it start until it finally goes away?

Does it look like you're blushing on your chest, (sort of splotchy)?

Or is the entire area evenly red?

Most importantly, though, does it stay, or does it come and go over the week-14 days that it usually shows?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: ARS Rash Question new
      #58650 - 02/15/03 06:00 PM

i can tell you my experience with symptoms, including a rash.
end of december 2000 i started a relationship with a guy who is definitely very high-risk category. we had mostly unprotected sex.
he gave me an STD which i was treated for. however i was not tested for HIV. total denial... in february 2001 i got very sick. classic ARS - high fevers, sweats, extreme fatigue. the dr's found no explanation and it took about 2 1/2 weeks for me to totally recover. in april i had symptoms of another STD and was treated for that. i still did not get tested for HIV. our relationship ended by may.

in july of the same year i had a really strange experience. i got this "traveling rash" - this rash that moved all over my body, red, swollen/bumpy, hot, and itchy. it would come and go, move up and down my body over several hours. it lasted intermittently for about 4 or 5 days. at the time i made a joke of it - i had eaten taco bell that day for the first time ever and i called it "taco bell disease"... it's only now that i've been diagnosed and learned about the stages of infection that in retrospect i think back, and wonder...
i think it was ARS rash. though the whole notion of ARS still confuses me. can it happen in two parts like that? i.e., symptoms in feb and again in july?

Please, regardless of your history and symptoms, DO NOT rely on symptoms for a diagnosis. get tested! and if you test neg 6 months after possible exposure, relax.
just my words of wisdom
i hope this helps.
z.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: ARS Rash Question new
      #59225 - 02/20/03 12:28 AM

Well, I am the another guy.
Indeed, I experienced the kind of rash like u (not hot, but itchy and slightly swollen). Well, with night sweat later and other symtoms except high fever, I did believe that I was infected even those the risk I encounter is low or very low (but there may some uncontrollable risk I didn't see). Well, at week 15, Elisa combo still test negative.Symptom alone can't diagnosis hiv, but a normal healthy person such as me won't have such symptoms that match the one of hiv. With slightly painful swollen lymph node under armpit and my body irritation now at week 15. I don't fully trust the result. So I am now going to have PCR RNA hiv-1 checked, may be..PCR DNA for hiv2 later.
Well, I already accept the hypothesis that I am infected innocently (though not as innocent as those medical officer or blooder receivers who get it accidentally).
Ironically, 2 months before that very low risk exposure, my doctor asked me if u are not sexually abused,or active, there will no need to have test for HIV for my routine body check..I totally agreed that time coz I just have one partner of opposite sex. haha. now...seems will be died in hiv which i never dream of it before.

Anyway. Good Luck, and take care.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3694

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3