Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous_r
Unregistered

don't know what to do
      #5847 - 06/18/00 10:09 AM

Hello,

I have this illness for 1.5 years now.
The doctors can't give me answers. Then it hit me. HIV! I had 2 risky encounters. I did a test 1.5 years ago. Negative. But
now I remember it was to soon (3 months). So 2 days ago I took another test. I cannot concentrate. I have joint pain, rashes,
herpes zoster, swollen lymph nodes, fatigue, headache, pain in my body, diarrhea, muscle pain etc. The list goes on. I'm pretty
sure it is HIV. I don't know how to stay calm. My husband says that I mustn't worry until we have the results. He is very
optimistic about this. My fear: I hope he is not infected. He is a very sweet guy and does not deserve this. I don't know what to
do. I would like to talk to women of my age. I feel very lost. I'm afraid to go out and I don't want to see my friends or family. I
am ashamed. I think I am prepared for the test result, but I don't know. I 'm scared I will freak. What can I do to stay calm?
Where can I go for help if I am infected? I would like to talk with women of my age. Are the above symptoms common to
HIV? An honest answer please.
29/f/Netherlands

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
BDG
Unregistered

Re: don't know what to do new
      #5849 - 06/18/00 12:54 PM

Sorry, I'm not a woman, but I thought I'd be able to tell you one thing that should make you feel somewhat better. Your HIV test which came back negative 3 months after your unsafe enounters make it extremely, extremely unlikely that you are infected. If you were in Canada like I am, you would have been given a clean bill of health and told that you do not need to repeat the test. That's the truth and you can verify this! I hope you can use that piece of information to help you get through the time it takes to receive your results.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#5861 - 06/18/00 07:37 PM

Thank you BDG

Anonymous
Unregistered

#5896 - 06/19/00 04:09 PM

how risky were your encounters?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#5909 - 06/19/00 07:42 PM

Very risky, trust me.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1411

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3