Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
eddie14

Reged: 06/16/00
Loc: midwestern united states
what'll really take your mind off this
      #5812 - 06/17/00 12:37 AM

hey everyone,

glad to see the posts getting back to normal.

I have been running and lifting weights, doing anything to keep my mind off of this window period, and within the last two days, I have herniated two of my lumbar discs. I have not had one thought of HIV since that time until I checked the board this evening. (I am NOT suggesting anyone going out and injuring themselves to relieve stress :) )

Seriously, I had a low risk encounter, am probably worried about nothing, and as soon as I have something real happen, all the worry goes away and focuses on something that actually happens.

My advice to anyone worried: go out, run, do some pushups, swim, play basketball, sweat, read ( a good novel, something other than HIV related) When you get your mind off of it, and focus on something real, you realize how trivial your risk may be. ( I know that some out there have high risk, dont get me wrong, and I still intend to get tested at 3 and six months, but this has allowed me to put it in perspective, and realize how silly I have been obsessing about it all of the time)

Anybody out there ever have back surgery? Email me or respond to give me some thoughts.

Thanks, and peace of mind to all.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: what'll really take your mind off this new
      #5815 - 06/17/00 12:48 AM

So, do you think that even after a risk than can be cataloged like low risk, one have to be tested not only at 3 months (like most countries and organizations of the world advise) but also at 6 months? Are you a CDCphile or have additional info in your state or country?

eddie14

#5816 - 06/17/00 12:51 AM

I would not call myself a "CDCphile", but I do put great faith in that organization, as well as the country that the organization is from. As I said before, and this is my personal opinion, it is OUR responsibilty to ensure that this virus does not spread, and I believe that testing at six months more effectively leads to that end.

I also said before, that If the CDC changes its window period to three months, I will more than happily change my personal views. You have to put faith in someone.

Jedi Master
Unregistered

#5818 - 06/17/00 01:00 AM

Yeah, well many people as you put faith in the CDC put faith in their doctors and countries and organizations that say 3 months as well. They have faith in this organizations and their countries, why shouldnt they have faith in this like other have faith in the CDC. I mean, you are a 6 month test believe not for itself but just because the CDC says, so i have to ask you this, just in case, what if the CDC said to test only at 2 months. Would you believe the CDC or you would say, hey, the CDC says 2 months but in Canada and France, for instance, they say 3 months? Would you test at 3 months or would you believe the CDC with their 2 months?
P.S. Im in no way fighting by the way.

Jedi Master
Unregistered

#5819 - 06/17/00 01:00 AM

Yeah, well many people as you put faith in the CDC put faith in their doctors and countries and organizations that say 3 months as well. They have faith in this organizations and their countries, why shouldnt they have faith in this like other have faith in the CDC. I mean, you are a 6 month test believe not for itself but just because the CDC says, so i have to ask you this, just in case, what if the CDC said to test only at 2 months. Would you believe the CDC or you would say, hey, the CDC says 2 months but in Canada and France, for instance, they say 3 months? Would you test at 3 months or would you believe the CDC with their 2 months?

eddie14

#5821 - 06/17/00 01:03 AM

I know your not fighting, just debating.

I just think you have to take all of the information, choose a source, and put your faith in it. I just happen to choose the CDC.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1882

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3