Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Help-scared
      #57209 - 02/02/03 08:19 PM

Hi, I hope some of you will provide your opinion on my situation. I performed unprotected oral (male) approximately 80 days ago. there was no ejac. and it was a pretty brief encounter. He claims to be HIV free and claimed to have had a Home access test 2 weeks post encounter -neg. I had a home acces test 30 days after the encounter which was also negative.
I then, without any other encounters, got crabs. He claims to never had had crabs then or now.
I then got another test a 45 days (Elisa 3rd generation from Quest Diagnostics) which was also negative. He claimed to have another test at 50 days which was also negative.
I am still worried...I know i shouldnt be, but I am.
I got a reinfestation of the crabs this past weekend (I havent had any other encounters). I know crabs has nothing to do with HIV....but He still claims to never had crabs. I guess its possible to get them from hotel comforters, etc., but the coincidence seems to great. So my problem is I wonder if this guy is lying about the crabs, then maybe he really hasnt ever tested for HIV...or worse. Overall, he actually seems like a nice honest person, but it is hard to beleive I got the crabs from anywhere else (i didnt have any encouters for over 9 months prior to this one).
Bottom line...if I have a 45 day negative test and my only possible exposure was oral....what are your thoughts...thanks so much. I going to get another test next week and Im really worried. Thank you for any responses

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: Help-scared new
      #57221 - 02/03/03 05:38 AM

You're right. Crabs have nothing to do with HIV and I don't think they have anything to do with the guy. You said you noticed them after your 30 days test. I don't think anyone could go a month with crabs before they noticed them. Maybe a week. The fact you had to deal with a reinfestation and haven't had anymore encounters with him would lead me to believe that you got them from some place you have been, not once, but at least twice.

It's very possible he never has had crabs. You might want to think about where you were about a week before you discovered them.

There is a possiblity that he is telling the truth about the crabs. That means there is a possiblity he is telling the truth about testing.

The risk of transmission from giving oral sex is extremely low. Since your 45 day shows up as negative it's not likely it will change, but 90 days is conclusive.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 649

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3