Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Vegas_Viking
Unregistered

Where is Chris or William??
      #57208 - 02/02/03 06:46 PM

Where are you? Does anyone know where Chris is right now? He disappeared 3 months ago when William showed up with his PERT test result.

I have the same exact symptoms of Chris. Please tell me if you know where he is.

Jon

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: Where is Chris or William?? new
      #57222 - 02/03/03 05:49 AM

I remember Chris.

If you have the exact same symptoms of Chris you should be very happy. He isn't infected.

Chris tested negative on all his tests (which were many), except one false positive WB. He insisted on taking that dispite the fact he had a negative Elisa and no one should ever test WB without a positive ELISA. Why his doctor even allowed that is beyond me. He went so far off the deep end that he posted on the Just tested positive board in an effort to convince people that actually have it, that he to has it, that his doctor just didn't know how to track it. The members of that board didn't believe him and told him what they thought of him. He disappeared shortly after.

If you have tested negative post 3 months. You aren't infected. End of Story.

Vegas_Viking
Unregistered

#57225 - 02/03/03 09:36 AM

Jackie

Thanks for answering me. I've taken several tests (ELISA, DNA, RNA 1.5) up to week 11. So in a sense I do feel that I will test negative like Chris (William). But my symptoms are troubling me big time.

I did read all the thread from this guy on both boards. I do agree that he lied several times. But I understand where he's coming from. He was simply going nuts with his sickness. I don't believe he did the PERT.

Now I am very very curious why he would disappear. I mean if I was so obsessed with asking questions here everyday, would I simply stop because people got pissed at me? What do you make of this behaviour? For one thing he couldn't have totally recovered? Or could he?

Thanks much again!
Jon

Anonymous
Unregistered

#57230 - 02/03/03 11:19 AM

What do I make of his behavior.

I wouldn't waste too much time speculating why he disappeared. Maybe he went off the deep end and ended up committed. Maybe he doesn't have computer access for some reason. Maybe he's doing a little time. Maybe he join a monastery. Maybe he’s in a coma. Maybe, maybe, maybe..... People come and people go.

JB

Anonymous
Unregistered

#57236 - 02/03/03 04:11 PM

dude never did a pert, he had no axcess to a pert, he was stucken with guilt. Jon you don't need a PERT either my friend you are Negative be Positive about that

Vegas_Viking
Unregistered

#57237 - 02/03/03 04:27 PM

Man, I'm analyzing every little freaking thing now. I really want to know his line of thought. I sometimes sympathize with this freak. Why wouldn't I? I mean what's the big difference between the 2 of us anyway? I do crazy things as well. I send a friend of mine in Indonesia every couple of weeks to check on the girl I slept with, just to see if she "looks" fine.

I know it sounds totally fu%#ed up, but I keep wondering if like Jackie says that he has totally lost it or gotten severly ill. I am scared of following his path. I cannot seem to shake off my sickness. Everyday it's something new, or the nausea keeps coming back. My frineds are jokingly asking "Man, do you have AIDS?" or the funnier one: "Nausea?? You got yourself pregnant, dude?!!!".

Maybe he just decided to never go to HIV sites anymore then got well gradually. I don't know, but if I were him at least I'll be interested to share my pleasure with you guys. I mean we do bond together here.

Chris (or William or whoever), please drop us a line!!!

Jon

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
      #57294 - 02/04/03 05:27 AM

You have a friend check to see if she looks 'fine'? I'm glad that you do recognize that's crazy.

Nausea isn't a symptom of HIV. It's a shame your friends don't seem to know much about HIV either.

Did you know people under stress are prone to nausea? The digestive system is one of the easiest systems to be thrown off by stress and worry. It's a family joke, that the women in my family tend to 'worry with their stomachs'.

Vegas_Viking
Unregistered

#57304 - 02/04/03 10:56 AM

JB

I'm glad you're telling me that nausea should not concern me all that much. In fact it all started with nausea 3 monhts ago! My main troubles have been GI. But I got the whole 9 yards as well, including clear sunburn/measles rash.

Ah well, I was hoping the Chris guy would answer. I'm really starting to doubt his motives now. It's because of him that I had 2 anxiety attacks. I never knew what an anxiety attack was before :(

Jon

Anonymous
Unregistered

#57319 - 02/04/03 03:17 PM

Hey Jon,

I had ongoing symptoms of nausea, that were unexplained. The doc tested me for Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) came back antibody Positive. They are not really sure how it is transmitted, most likely from food sources. I had been so stressed out about HIV , I reactivated or some how got it during this time period. Anyways they put me on specific treatment of antibiodics, and some other pills, cant remember exactly. I just got tested for it a couple of weeks ago and the medicine had cleared if from my system l Basically it competely cleared my nausea up in 3 weeks or so. Just a suggestion but you might want to ask to have this test done (Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori)) antibody test.

take care
dylan

Vegas_Viking
Unregistered

#57321 - 02/04/03 03:49 PM

Hey Dylan

Are you the same Dylan posting on AIDSmeds?

OK so in fact this IS exactly what I did 3 weeks ago. I went to the GI, who put me on PrevPac (Amoxil, Biaxin and Prevacid). I finished the course a week ago. I am heading to the doctor right now to see what he says. I don't know if he is going to do the H. Pylori test again or if I have to wait for a few weeks. When did you get your second test after the treatment? Immediately?

Well, I really cannot tell any difference in my state before or after the treatment unfortunately. I've been told that the antibiotics can mess me up themselves.

Thanks
Jon

Anonymous
Unregistered

#57325 - 02/04/03 05:01 PM

Jon I had to wait i think a month or so after I finished up the Antiboidics, and it was a test to where you blow in a balloon. Also, yes became more nauseaded why on the treatment as the Antiboidics seem to mess me up even more, but I stayed on them, and about 2 to 3 weeks of being off of them, I begain to feel normal no more nausea.

Vegas_Viking
Unregistered

#57327 - 02/04/03 05:48 PM

Hey Dylan

I just got back from the GI doctor's appointment. Well he had nothing to add. As you said, he wouldn't do the breath test until after another 3 weeks (4 weeks post treatment end). He suggested endoscopy, but I thought why now?? I asked him whether it would be better to hold off until the breath test. He agreed. Why do I always feel like driving my doctors??? Hell, why do I understand that they are not adding anything new to my knowledge.

OK so he did indicate that 15% or so do not respond to the PrevPac treatment for H. Pylori, so he said there is a slim possibility that I would still have the bacteria and hence the symptoms. He did expect me to get better while on treatment. But here you are telling me that it took you 2-3 weeks after finishing treatment to start feeling better. That's excellent news for me. I hope the same will happen to me.

So, after eradicating H. Pylori bacteria, did you totally get rid of your GI symptoms? Well, apparently you are still worrying about HIV, but are you GI symptoms still there? How about the nausea?

Thanks again
Jon

Anonymous
Unregistered

#57365 - 02/04/03 07:47 PM

Jon,

I think that the Antiboidics may be causing you a bit of the symptoms, I also had the PrevPac, my GI symptoms are gone, and from what the breath test is tell me so is H- Pylori, nausea is gone too, just wait and see how you feel in a couple of weeks
take care

Vegas_Viking
Unregistered

Thanks Dylan new
      #57380 - 02/04/03 10:51 PM

Dylan

I will wait for a couple of weeks to see. It looks like you're right about the antibiotics; my bowel movements are in fact getting better, 8 days after stopping the regimen. What I learned also is that this regimen destroys a lot of the good bacteria in the stomach as well. In fact my doctor never told me that and never prescribed anything to counter that effect. I guess I'll give it some time to heal.

All the best
Jon

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3024

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3