Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
bad liver guy
Unregistered

more on delayed conversion
      #5652 - 06/14/00 02:10 PM

I found this on the FAQ of www.positifs.org, which had been mentioned by someone a few weeks ago. I translated using altavista, again.

"With this, it should be added that in certain cases, extremely rare, the appearance of the antibodies can occur beyond three months after a contamination by the HIV. the use of sophisticated ultra techniques, resting on the amplification of the genome of the virus, used in research laboratories, showed that this time can exceed one year, even more than three years."

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: more on delayed conversion new
      #5664 - 06/14/00 02:55 PM

Please, dont stress yourself over this. One more test and thats all. Then forget it. Im allowing you to take one more test then FORGET IT.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#5666 - 06/14/00 03:48 PM

Most other people that I talk to about this think I am mad, too. You're very generous to allow me one more test, thanks :-)

BDG
Unregistered

#5679 - 06/14/00 05:34 PM

You know what, I don't think anyone here said it's impossible to test positive more than six months after an exposure. We're all saying that it is highly, highly, highly unlikely. Even after three months for that matter. But no one said it was impossible, because it definitely is, and it has happened.

The key here is to understand that it may happen to one in a billion people. I'm obviously not sure of that number, but I wouldn't be surprised if I'm close. You can't spend time worrying about that. If you think about HIV that way, you'll NEVER stop testing, because it may take years and years for it to show up in your mind. You'll never know when you're in the clear!

Stick to the window periods. If you're negative, then forget about it and stay safe afterwards!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1250

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3