Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

late seroconversion
      #5575 - 06/13/00 10:31 PM

how long after 6 months did it take these nurses to test positive? Anyone knows? When did this happen? LOng time ago before they started manufacturing the third elisa generation? Where can I find this information?

greatful
Anony.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
BDG
Unregistered

Re: late seroconversion new
      #5576 - 06/13/00 10:50 PM

I think that these particular nurses tested positive something like a year after their exposure.

You can look up details on this study somewhere on this site. I think they have dates associated with it too. But I can tell you that this happened quite a while ago. It's nothing recent at all. I think it was back during the days when the window period itself was considered to be one year long. It's nothing to worry about now! I mean, if this study was still relevant now, I think all the organizations in the world would have noticed it as it is quite prominent! And then they would have changed their testing recommendations! Don't worry about testing positive past six months!

Jedi Master
Unregistered

#5602 - 06/14/00 01:54 AM

I have wondered about the same but havent found an answer yet!

Jedi Master
Unregistered

#5603 - 06/14/00 01:56 AM

...or past 3 months!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#5622 - 06/14/00 05:05 AM

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate this. It makes me feel a little bit more relaxed.

thank you

BDG
Unregistered

#5627 - 06/14/00 09:57 AM

You're right Jedi Master....I believe in the 12 week window period as well, but I said six months to satisfy those who stick to this figure. Also, I thought that this person tested negative at six months.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re:PEP and late seroconversion new
      #5632 - 06/14/00 10:50 AM

I read a conference summary i dont remember where right now, where a nurse after getting poked by a needle was put on pep immediately. She finished here treatment and was negative. the treatment was for 28 or 30 days or something. After the treatment about 6 weeks later she got ars and seroconverted at 4 months. The study suggested that pep may have prolonged her conversion time.
thats the only study i could find on the subject. But it only happened to one person.

BDG
Unregistered

Re:PEP and late seroconversion new
      #5633 - 06/14/00 11:31 AM

I've also read about PEP having the potential to cause delayed onset of ARS. I personally never read about it affecting seroconversion times, but if you read that, I guess it is entirely possible. Makes sense.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2677

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3