Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
STUPIDO
Unregistered

Your opinion please Regulars
      #54855 - 01/15/03 08:13 PM

I would really appreciate some advice on this please, would you say after having all these symptoms five weeks after an unprotected heterosexual encounter that and still testing Negative at 16 weeks that I dont need to do any further testing for HIV.
hairy leukoplakia of tongue
oral thrush
gingivitis
prolonged diarrhea
seborrheic dermatitis
molluscum contagiosum
Hives that lasted 24 hours
maculopapular rash that started on the belly and extended down to groin
Enlarged optical nerves
Dry eye
Insomnia that lasted about 10 days
Inflamed Bowel I'm going Nuts
Please some friendly oppinions would be muchly appreciated
Thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
tammy
All Star

Reged: 08/26/02
Re: Your opinion please Regulars new
      #54856 - 01/15/03 10:07 PM

Hey there,

I have been there. But listen, do not do what i have been doing for almost a year! Do not doubt you hiv test at 16 weeks. I tested at 5,8,11,12,18,19,23,27,30and 36 weeks all negative. I kept saying to myself...gee...what if... well i am convinced now that i am okay. I have written away for and recieved many books on hiv testing and transmission. Let me tell you that it is so very rare to take longer then 13 weeks to seroconvert. HIV is a virus, and a virus will make your body produce antibodies, just like the flue virus or a cold virus. When a blood test is taken when you have an infection, your white blood cell count is elevated, this is a sign of an infection..or your body making antibodies to try to fight off the virus. Our bodies are wonderful machines. They were built to fight and when something is wrong with them, it surely does not take a year to show antibodies to a virus, it starts trying to fight it right away. In a matter of weeks, there usually is enough antibodies to be seen on a blood test. The longest it would take, and this is only a handful, is 6 months. The extreme longest it can take is 1 year, and that is only a handful out of billions of people tested world wide. And this handful of people have immune problems such as chemotherapy...etc..

Please believe your test..don't live another moment feeding this bastard of a infliction. Let's just pray for the people who do have it and pray for a cure so they can get better.

Tammy

Youre OK
Unregistered

Re: Your opinion please Regulars new
      #54892 - 01/16/03 04:04 AM

The only things on that list that concerns me is the thrush and oral hairy thing. Did you SELF DIAGNOSE yourself with these conditions? Or did a doctor tell you you had them? I bet you just think you have them, but you just got a normal hairy tongue. Anyway, 16 weeks is conclusive, but you need to do whatever you feel is necessary to put this behind you. If that means another ELISA, a PCR, or just stopping looking up symptoms, you do what you gotta do to get mentally better. The fact that you are still seeking advise from people here tells me you are still concerned. So do what you gotta do, just know you are negative from your 16 week test.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1999

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3