Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

a message to people testing
      #52376 - 12/27/02 09:03 AM

Okay, so i just tested positive. I know i''m posting on the wrong board, but i read all these posts from the worried well people and it is saddening me to think of the grief & emotional stress these people are going through when in reality most of them are fine. Please remember that you're probably okay - that "symptoms" don't mean all that much. And if you get a negative test result at 3 months, run with it! that's great... i wish it were me. I can't tell you how depressing it is to actually get back that positive result. i feel like my life is over.

This is also a message to say that i hope all the worried well will learn from their scare, carry with them the realization of our mortality. This is not to say be paranoid - I don't believe in that at all (or I probably wouldn't be dying right now) - but do take your present feelings into account when making future decisions. Take responsibility for your actions coz it really really sucks to know you're dying of a tiny deadly invisible expensive virus that deprives you of your right to life insurance, sex and children.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
Re: a message to people testing new
      #52378 - 12/27/02 10:57 AM

So by taking the attitude that your life is over is the healthy way to act when you find out you are POS?
I have life insurance that I got after I became HIV+.
I have friends that with medication and a non detectable Viral Load have produced children.
And sex is still just as good, you just have to make sure you let the other person know and use protection.
And for the earlier line in your note "or I probably wouldn’t be dying right now", what are you talking about? You are alive right now! I have been HIV+ since 1989(use your toes also if you have to count the years out) and I am still here, still healthy, still strong, still stunning looking (ok maybe not stunning), and still taking care of myself without the defeatists attitude. If you want to live with the thought that the world is against you go ahead. I choose to climb every peak and walk through every valley in life and milk it for all it is worth, if it takes a disease to make someone do that then I guess this is also a disease of empowerment if you let it be.

The G-Man

chichi
Master

Reged: 06/02/02
you are stunning Bill new
      #52522 - 12/28/02 05:07 PM

hey G-Man Bill,

don't sell yourself short - you are good looking but you are even more beautiful on the inside, as well as the outside. and .... its whats inside tht counts.

old chinese proverb .....
he who loves the vase, also loves whats inside the vase.

i'd date ya!
do ya have any brothers? ..... heheheh

i think you are wonderful, honest, sincere, intelligent and beautiful person - anyone who you are with is lucky to have to have you.

you've got my vote!
your friend in NYC.......

chichi

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 949

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3