Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Stomach problems
      #51964 - 12/24/02 02:36 PM

I tested negative at 18 weeks but for the past 3 months my digestive system is failing me. Today at work i was trembling and sweating for about an hour. I dont know whats going on and i hope im not a late bloomer for hiv infection. Your response is needed.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Digestive Man
Unregistered

Re: Stomach problems new
      #52051 - 12/25/02 01:35 AM

What exactly do you mean by your digestive system "failing you"? I'm just curious, as I have had some digestive issues lately myself. I too have tested negative on more than one occassion.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#52112 - 12/25/02 11:12 AM

Well i always had to take husk fiber to cure my constipation but now i am going at will three times a day. Im wondering why the sudden change. Im 40 years old and have been fighting constipation for 15 years. At night at around 2 in the mourning my heart rate picks up and i start trembling and sweating.There seems to be a lot of grumbling and popping going on. Due to this problem i only get four hours of sleep a night. Going to work is hard for me because im so tired. I feel sharp pains in my neck around the gland area but dont feel any swelling. I feel jittery all the time and cant wait to feel good again. What are your problems?

Digestive Man
Unregistered

#52113 - 12/25/02 12:49 PM

Well, I've normally been a more constipated person, usually going to the bathroom 2 times a week at most. That's just always been the norm for me. After taking a round of Augmentin back in October, I developed explosive diarrhea for a few days. During this time, I lost between 5 and 10 pounds. I am slowly putting the weight back on though. Since then, my stool color and consistency have been different. I also go just about every day now rather than a few times a week. I too feel nervous and jittery alot, and I also feel something weird on the right side of my neck, but nothing is swollen.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#52114 - 12/25/02 01:13 PM

Sounds like we have something in common. I went to a gastro man last week and he found a fissure at the end of my rectum. Must of been all those years of straining has caught up with me. He must be concerned tho because he has schedule me for a cat scan on friday. If only i can get some sleep.

Digestive Man
Unregistered

#52115 - 12/25/02 01:30 PM

Yeah, sleeping isn't as easy as it used to be. I wake up a couple of times during the night. I've had a colonoscopy done, and they didn't find anything wrong with me. I also had a CT scan done a couple of weeks ago, and it was normal except for a small polyp on my gall bladder, which the doctor said isn't a concern. I've had all kinds of blood work and tests done, and so far nothing at all has been found wrong with me. I tested negative for HIV antibodies at 7 and 8 months after my last possible exposure. I really have no clue now what it could be. I'm awaiting the results from a third HIV test, and I should have those results either Friday or Monday. If that turns up negative, I'm going to ask my doctor for a PCR test. I'm wondering if my immune system has grown too weak in a hurry and is no longer producing detectable antibodies. So, if my latest antibody test is negative, then the PCR test should either confirm my fears or prove once and for all that I'm not infected. Severe stress could be causing both our problems. Who knows...

Anonymous
Unregistered

#52118 - 12/25/02 04:10 PM

Well your better off than me because im only 4 1/2 months from my exposer. I will do another hiv test come feburary to finish things up. I thought about doing that pcr test. Where do you get it done? Do you poop up baby [censored] or skin? I do all the time and it never stops. If i did get hiv i no that i am a dead pup because my stomach and intestines are so screwed up that i would probually die of cancer in a couple of years. Keep in touch.

Digestive Man
Unregistered

#52200 - 12/26/02 01:11 AM

Skin? I'm not sure what you mean by that, but I don't think I do that. I often have pretty pale looking stools though, kinda yellowish. But what's funny is that I was perfectly fine in that regard until I took that powerful antibiotic for a week.

Digestive Man
Unregistered

#52202 - 12/26/02 01:26 AM

Forgot to answer some stuff, sorry. I'm not sure really where to get a PCR test done. I have an appointment with my doc on Friday, and he has a couple more tests he wants to run on me. I'm going to ask him about it. I'm sure if you just go to your regular doctor and ask about a PCR test, then she or he will see that it gets done. I don't know if there are only specific places that do that or not. And don't be calling yourself a dead duck just yet. The human mind can do incredible things to the body, especially during periods of long-term guilt and stress. If it's not all your mind's doing, then you might have some digestive problem that's something other than HIV. And if worse comes to worse and you in fact are infected, then I'm sure that your digestive problems could be helped in that regard. I guess we'll both just have to wait and see what happens.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#52364 - 12/26/02 08:56 PM

Hey just got back from work. Tomorrow is my big day for a cat scan. Im taken nexium and it doesnt seem to be working and when the medicine fails my throat begins to swell. Its a terrible feeling. I know the mind can really trick you in all kinds of ways but every time i feel in pain i believe i am infected.

Digestive Man
Unregistered

#52388 - 12/27/02 02:19 PM

Good luck on your test today. I too have funny little aches and pains here and there, and they always scare me. I'm hoping that today I will get my ELISA test results back. Hopefully if they're negative I will believe it and be able to move on. Keep posting and let me know how you're doing.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3524

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3