Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

how swollen is swollen?
      #5192 - 06/09/00 02:41 AM

when HIV causes swollen glands, how big so the get? Can you see them, or just feel them?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: how swollen is swollen? new
      #5215 - 06/09/00 12:29 PM

There are hundreds of things that can cause our lymphnodes to swell not just hiv. It could be a localized infection, a cold, a cough anything! They just swell and sometimes they hurt.

Jeff
Unregistered

#5221 - 06/09/00 01:44 PM

Yeah I am not a dr. but they are swollen to a point where u can notice them.They usually aren't painful, or maybe a little painful....and are swollen in several areas, that is what i got from all of the reading i have done.

ZAZOO
Unregistered

#5240 - 06/10/00 02:19 AM

Where did you read this, Jeff? the size of the lymph node is of no importance. it is different from one person to another. However, they do hurt before they swell and remain painful for a while. chronic swollen lymph due to HIV are not painful. Non painful lymph is a sign of autoimmune WHICH MEANS LYMPHOMA. However, swollen lymph nodes caused by HIV are painfull and vary in size. Believe me you will
know when you have sore or swollen lymph nodes. I am getting a lot of pain in the lymph node areas however the areas are not tender, i have 4 non tender but swollen lymph nodes which could or could be not lymphoma. I will be seeing an immunologist on the 26 of June I am sure he will be running more tests to find out the reason behind my prolong and persistent symptoms. I asked Dr Gallant at the JOHN HOPKINS INSTITUTE AND HE TOLD ME THAT IF THE AREAS WERE NOT TENDER THEN IT WAS UNLIKELY THEY WERE LYMPH NODES. Because HIV is a blood born virus, it will cause lymph nodes to be swollen and tender in more than one place. I hope this is helpful

all the best

Jeff
Unregistered

#5242 - 06/10/00 02:44 AM

wow calm down bud, i am just trying to say if your lymph nodes are swollen due to hiv they more than likely be noticeable.Look if something swells it gets bigger, which means they would be out of the ordinary, so u should notice them.So calm yourself down.I am not saying they always go to 1.5 mm big or something..i am just making a point, i can feel nodes in my neck right now..they are the size of a pea or smaller and are soft,i don't think they are swollen.Most people find these normal nodes in their neck and all of the sudden assume they are swollen, because they never touched em' before hand......that is what i am trying to get across.

Anonymous
Unregistered

and sometimes... new
      #5257 - 06/10/00 02:34 PM

we think it is swollen lymph node and it is just a muscle!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3241

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3