Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Still-Scared
Unregistered

waiting 4 test results ...
      #51826 - 12/24/02 12:37 AM

hello ---

i never tested at 12 weeks (3months) but i got tested at 27 weeks (6+ months)after uptotected vaginal heterosexual sex and the hiv test was negative - i am female.

i just recently went to a new dr (at 37 weeks)- for something else - and i asked this other dr to test for hiv, even though i got a neg at 27 weeks (i didnt tell him that).

i have to wait until after jan 1 for test results because he went away.

i know this sounds stupid but could my test results have changed? i have not had any sex so i didnt put myself at any new risks - i guess i have become worried well but hopefully this neg result - at 37 weeks - will convience me.

just answer me - a neg test at 27 weeks or a neg test at 37 weeks means i can stop testing and worrying -right?

i was afraid to say anything to this new dr because i know i sound dumb but i just still scared.

happy holidays to you all.
please respond

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: waiting 4 test results ... new
      #51832 - 12/24/02 12:30 AM

Have you had any symptoms that make you think you may have become infected?? Everybody shows antibodies in response to HIV infection within six months, usually much earlier. So, if you're negative at 27 weeks (almost 7 months) you're simply not infected. So sit back, relax, and be more careful in the future. Looks like you dodged a bullet this time. Congratulations!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#51834 - 12/24/02 12:37 AM

no, if you haven't had any risky encounters since your last test (which you haven't), there's no chance this next one will turn up positive. i think most docs say that the three-month test is mostly conclusive, and that if you're neg at six months, you can save yourself the stress and time and money of further testing, because no test you take from then on out is going to come up positive.

HIV infection almost never takes more than six months to show up -- the odds are better that you'd be hit by a car and a plane at the same time than that you'd come up positive at 37 weeks after being neg at 27.

I'm sure your Jan. 1 results will be negative -- and when they do, that'll be it! you can move on with your life, and hopefully use a condom next time so you don't need to go through all this torture again!

best wishes, and a happy (and healthy!) new year.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#51918 - 12/24/02 02:34 AM

Good God! At 27 weeks negative, you are ABSOULTELY 100 percent negative. Channel your energies somewhere else. Worry about getting old, your waistline...anything expect HIV.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#51968 - 12/24/02 03:44 PM

3 month test is conclusive and accurate - live well

Not-Scared-Now
Unregistered

#51985 - 12/24/02 05:05 PM

thanks to eveyone that responded.
i appreciate the support, info and kind words.
happy holidays.

Anonymous
Unregistered

AIDS MYTH ABOVE DONT READ new
      #52338 - 12/26/02 06:00 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1798

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3