Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
TheVOICE
Unregistered

WONDERFUL testing facility
      #5121 - 06/08/00 10:48 AM

Anyone that needs an excellent testing clinic in the LA area should go to Progressive Health Services at 8240 Santa Monica Blvd. Their phone number is (323) 650-1508.

They are a non-profit organization that provides holistic health advice. Their etsting service is also non-profit, so you get the lowest possible price. For example, an overnight ELISA costs only $45.00. A PCR test (results usually available within 3-4 days) is only $175.00. I know that sounds like a lot, but compared to for-profit organizations it's half price!!

The women there are excellent, especially one named Constance who has REALLY helped me through my anxiety.

Hope that helps some of you in the Southern California area.

Peace.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: WONDERFUL testing facility new
      #5123 - 06/08/00 12:10 PM

Thats great. VOICE, you like many other are a 3 month definitive guy. Do you ask that facility their opinion on this?

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: WONDERFUL testing facility new
      #5124 - 06/08/00 12:10 PM

Thats great. VOICE, you like many other are a 3 month definitive guy. Do you ask that facility their opinion on this topic?

TheVOICE
Unregistered

Re: testing facility new
      #5126 - 06/08/00 12:32 PM

The clinic distributes info. that sticks pretty close to the CDC line re. 3/6 months. Howver, they will privately tell you otherwise. They believe that the VAST majority of individuals will seroconvert by 2 months and that greater than 99% will by 3 months.

This clinic also provides the PCR with information that after 4 weeks, the PCR is 99% accurate in identifying infection. They will give you the 1-800 number of Specialty Labs in Santa Monica (you can also get this number from 1-800 info at 1-800-555-1212) to ask customer service about the PCR test. The lab techs. there will vouch for the accuracy of the PCR and answer any other questions about this test you may have.

Hope that helps.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1470

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3