Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

ringworm
      #50780 - 12/20/02 10:26 PM

Hello,

I am hoping for some advise on this matter, I had a risk exposure to a female sex worker from Korea, many symptoms over the course of the year. Tested negative to HIV 1/2 antibody and bDNA pcr at one year. I also had CD4 done 454 low, CD4 percent was 48% and CD4/CD8 ration was 2.18 at one years time. Although concerned about my a low CD4, I have finally came to acept these results. Today I went into the Dermatoligst to have two plantor warts on my foot removed. I also showed the Doc a sore red patch under my armpit, it was diagnosed as ringworm, which has scared me all over again. I am wondering if this ringworm is common in young men, I am 27. I have been under stress this whole year can stress cause ring worm? I basically want to know if I can stop thinking about HIV, when these wierd symptoms pop up on my body. have I ruled HIV out. Please help me

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: ringworm new
      #50862 - 12/20/02 06:09 PM

I don't know a whole lot about ringworm, but I do know that pretty much anyone can get it and that it's pretty common. As far as your HIV fear goes, it seems that your antibody and PCR tests after one year since exposure were more than conclusive. You had no antibodies for the virus, nor was the virus itself found in your blood. I'd go ahead and rule out the HIV and then have the ringworm treated and move on. I think you're safe.

Pitted Plum
Unregistered

#50875 - 12/20/02 07:06 PM

hi,
ringworm is a fungus - it is transfered skin to skin.
my cat got it from the cat groomer who groomed another cat with ringworm and passed it along to my cat who in turn gave it to me!
ringworm is rampant in nail salons and gyms.

ringworm gets clutured and there are creams for it as well as pills.

ringworm loves dark, moist and damp places.
it starts out as a red dot and then grows in concentic circles and is red and itchy. you actually see rings forming and they do crust.
its inthe family of jock itch and athletis foot.

think of what has been touching that area of your body.

hope this helps - its not a hiv sign - your tests say you are neg. you picked up a fungus!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#50877 - 12/20/02 08:12 PM

I,ve had ringworm many of times. Always popping up on my groin area. Go to the drug store and get some fungus cream and the ringworm share go away. You donnot have hiv.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#50884 - 12/20/02 09:52 PM

Thank you for your replys, so basically me getting ringworm is not indicating that my immune system is comprised? I feel much better, knowing that this is a common occurance. As my derm didn't say anything on the matter, just wrote out the prescription. Thanks Again

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2517

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3