Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Conjunctivitis/Pink Eye?
      #4974 - 06/06/00 10:13 AM

Woke up this morning with conjunctivitis/pink eye. I'm now 10-11 weeks post exposure. Treated for gonorrhea/chlamydia weeks ago (as a result of the exposure). I tested negative on a PCR at the time - doctor assured me it would have been positive if I had been infected. BUT whenever something new surfaces I panic. Has anyone ever heard of pink eye being associated with early HIV infection? Thanks.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Mark 2000
Unregistered

Re: Conjunctivitis/Pink Eye? new
      #4975 - 06/06/00 10:37 AM

I am by no means an expert, but I have never heard of pink eye being associated with HIV infection. I am like you in that every new weird symptoms sets off warning bells of HIV. Take it easy. I know it is easier said than done.

zazoo
Unregistered

Re: Conjunctivitis/Pink Eye? new
      #5114 - 06/08/00 05:36 AM

What you may be having is called reiter's syndrome. So if you experience painful joints, feet, hands and
you HAVE lesions on the hands and feet, DO NOT PANIC. These symptoms usually follow an STD and will
go away on THEIR own. However, it may last up to 12 months if you are unlucky. Also be noted that you will
have patterns on your tongue with painful abdoman, TEHY ARE NOT THRUSH. This may also lead to Gastro problems.
Check reiter's syndrom under YAHOO HEALTH. THEY ARE NOT SIGNS OF HIV. DO NOT PANIC. YOUR DOCTORE WILL CHECK YOUR ESR, C REACTIVE PROTEIN AND OTHER LFT.

ALL THE BEST BODY
CHEERSS

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2713

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3