Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Roberta 9
Unregistered

i need realistic words of advice
      #49362 - 12/16/02 12:23 AM

hi,

i came to this message board when i tested for hiv at 12 weeks at my doctors office - and it was negative.

my doctor told me that i should retest at the 6 month mark and i did (24 weeks),and i am now waiting for the test results but it will take a few days.

i know that i have read that 3 months is conclusive but i am still nervous - can anyone say something during my waiting time like ----
- if you are neg at 12 weeks - you will be neg at 24 weeks or
no-one converts after 12 weeks, ever
or
anything can happen during those extra 12 weeks and you can seroconvert!

i had unprotected sex with a guy and found out afterwards he has like 5 other girlfriends he screws around with - i'm still scared even though i tested negative at 12 weeks and i know that was the soonest time i could have tested. its like i have waited untill the 24 week mark to live again!
also ..............

when my test comes negative (i try to think positive!) can i stop testing and fearing i can seroconvert?

is 24 weeks long enough to have converted and now i can stop worrying? is there any chance i can seroconvert after the 24th week?

i will post my reuslts when i get them back in about 10 days - i may even have to wait longer because my doctor wont give test results over the phone and he is going away for the holidays and this is adding so much stress.
can someone please say something to me.

i got alot of comfort - mental help - and knowledge before from this board but i see there are new ideas being posted here and now i dont know what to think.

oh yes - i have no idea if this guy even has anything - i just liked him and was stupid enough not to use anything and now thati found out hes a cheat, i think he is capable of anything - even lying about std's! my mind is just fearing everything these days.

thank you,
roberta 9

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: i need realistic words of advice new
      #49382 - 12/16/02 05:08 AM

Your doctor must not be up on the current testing guidelines from the CDC. Your 12 week test was conclusive and no further testing was necessary. This 6 month result will just be confirmation that your 12 test was accurate.

Roberta 9
Unregistered

Re: your words new
      #49383 - 12/16/02 09:37 AM

thank you for responding and i will post again when this dr finally gets back from his vacation and .....
i am going to switch dr's.
roberta

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: i need realistic words of advice new
      #49392 - 12/16/02 11:58 AM

Females are getting HIV every day, large percentage of all cases now, all it takes is once with the wrong person.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 944

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3