Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
max

Reged: 06/05/00
ars under 2 weeks?
      #4934 - 06/05/00 06:43 PM

I haven't seen this addressed specifically, but it seems to me people have been saying ARS starts appearing anywhere from 2-14 weeks after possible exposure. What about developing a rash mild fever in under 1 week? Is that too soon to be ARS? I am getting tested anyways and have begun waiting uneasily in the window period. I have been stressed to the max and condemning myself for my stupid behavior. The only comfort I have is that I have had the same symptoms (rash fever) at other periods in my life. I think (I HOPE) I remember the doc saying it was stress.

Anyways, I'm thankful I've found this board to at least hear that I'm not alone in dealing with this madness.

I had sex with a lady of a 'questionable background' with a condom, but I had to keep changing the condom (3 times)because I didn't feel it was on right (the tip was always covered but I could only pull it half way down the shaft) I made sure that I was always covered upon entry, but I'll never be sure if perhaps any fluid crossed over after condom removal.. etc.. I also received unprotected oral. I never ejaculated throughout the whole ordeal becuase I was too damn nervous. In fact, much of the time I couldn't even get worked up.

As you can see, I am re-creating the events constantly in my head to determine my possible exposure. I took a long walk today and prayed a lot. It was the first time I ever did something this stupid and god-willing, will get through this.

I truly wish you all the best of luck in your tests. My prayers are with you all.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: ars under 2 weeks? new
      #4936 - 06/05/00 06:52 PM

Max, you are most probaly worrying for nothing, the fact that you used the condom at least for most of the exposure eliminated most of the risk. Even if unprotected, a one time exposure to a person HIV+ would be unlikely. I would say you are spending all your time worrying over an exposure that carries less than a 1% risk of infection. Just count your blessings and be more careful next time.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#4973 - 06/06/00 09:33 AM

Thanks for the support. I guess I'll be scared until I get my test results back. After all, I did get a rash and a mild fever 6 days after possible exposure. I had it for 2 days & it is gone now. Nothing serious enough to keep me from going to work. I did go on a marathon bike ride the day before I got sick so I'm hoping that that was the cause of my illness. It's hard not to worry from all I've read. I'm in pretty good shape so it makes sense that I could start fighting the virus rather quickly. I guess I just keep convincing myself that I have it, similar to a lot of others on this board. I'm going to try to stay calm until my test results are back.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#4981 - 06/06/00 03:08 PM

How high was your fever? How long did it last?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#4983 - 06/06/00 03:30 PM

Not sure how high it was becuase I didn't take my temp. I just felt hot. It lasted for about 1 day.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#4987 - 06/06/00 04:45 PM

It last to last longer than 1 day to be ARS. From what I have read on this website, you are looking at a HIGH fever for at least 2 days. Also, it seems that ARS is often started by this high fever. Get your test at 12 weeks and, in the mean time, relax or your stress will make things worse.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#4988 - 06/06/00 05:00 PM

Thanks very much for your reply. I'm guessing it wasn't too high because I was able to work that day, just felt weird. I have had these types of symptoms several times in the past (rash/fever) 'pre-exposure' and so am mildly comforted by that. My brother experiences the same problem from time to time. I suppose the bottom line is you don't know until you're tested. I'll 'try' not to worry about it for now.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2175

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3