Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
James
Unregistered

Only God knows
      #4870 - 06/04/00 01:57 PM

Dear all, after seaching for more information about hiv testing, the more I uncertain about it. I think we are all too tired about it. Sometime the test does not work due to error and sometime because of your are the odd guy who is late in seroconversion. I guess in order to move on, please believe in what you believe, 3 or 6 months, it just doesn't matter. No one can really tell how the body responses and works to different individual. All we can do is hope for the best and move on. If you believe you are within 95-99% of the normal people then go ahead for 3 months. Or you want to be sure for the rest then 6 months or longer. No one can sure in the real world. Too many exception in the medical history.
Anyway, please practise safe sex and be loyal to your partner. After you convince yourself that we are OK then move on your life. I understand it is not easy to stop worrying but do we have other alternative after our irresponsible act. Be more positive please.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DUDE
Unregistered

What in the helll is this guy talking about??? new
      #4871 - 06/04/00 07:10 PM

Geez, what are you talking about man? A virus is a virus is a virus. The common cold is a virus. Geez do I have to do this. To those who are reading this guys pity post, ignore it. Use the ELISA test at 1,3,6 months. At 6 months if it's negative, you are not infected. IT IS as simple as that. Up to GOD my asss! You get infected and the virus replicates, in about 25 days. At 90 days, just about everyone infected (95%) produce anti-bodies to the foreign virus. At 6 months (>99.99%) of those infected produce anti-bodies. And, yes we can tell how the body responsds. Time and time and time again, doctors, health care professionals, scientist have witnessed these events. It goes something like this butthead: Person is infected with the HIV virus. In about 25 days the virus begins massive replication. Virus replication is when a virus enters a healthy cell and uses the healthy cells DNA to replicate its own RNA. It's quite remarkable. When the virus has replicated about 20 times in that cell and used up the healthy cell, the cell is destroyed. Now those 20 virus go out and do the same thing to health cells. It's a massive attack, and the body starts to soon (within 2 weeks) recognize the foreign viruses. To fight the virus replication, the body produces anti-bodies, sorta like soldiers. But they can't fight the HIV virus, it's baffles the immune system. Well by three months, the infected person produces enough anti-bodies to be detected by the ELISA test. At six months, everyone (>99.99%) have produced anti-bodies. The HIV-ELISA anti-body test looks for the anti-bodies, not the virus.
By the way (> this symbol here means greater than).
James you are in a sorry state. Get some counseling or some support from family or friends. PLEASE.
DUDE

Mark 2000
Unregistered

Re: What in the helll is this guy talking about??? new
      #4876 - 06/04/00 08:58 PM

Also, healthy individuals will show antibodies sooner than unhealthy ones. Often times the ones that produce antibodies past 12 weeks have an autoimmune deficiency. Just thought I would add to the conversation.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#4877 - 06/04/00 09:04 PM

Have we really missed you Mark2000? Its great you are back here! :)

Anonymous
Unregistered

#4878 - 06/04/00 09:05 PM

Its true, but i would really like to know how someone can tell from a weakened inmune system than with a "normal" inmune system.?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#4879 - 06/04/00 09:05 PM

Its true, but i would really like to know how someone can tell from a weakened inmune system than with a "normal" inmune system.??

Worried 2000
Unregistered

TO Mark 2000 new
      #4880 - 06/04/00 09:36 PM

Hi, Mark. Where do you get that information from? It stands to reason, but I haven't read it anywhere by any other websites. Do you know of one, or is this something someone told you at a hotline, etc.?

Thanks.

Keep the faith.

To Worried 2000
Unregistered

Re: TO Mark 2000 new
      #4881 - 06/04/00 10:01 PM

Most of the info that I get is either from my doctor or the Health Ontario hotline. Sometimes I get information from websites, but I find a lot of their stuff is slightly undated. The reason that I call the Health Ontario hotline (Ottawa number) is that nurses answer the questions, so I tend to get a somewhat clinical explanation for HIV questions. For the most part, these are the primary sources that I use for posting and I do so because they are trusted and reputable. Answer your question?

Mark 2000
Unregistered

To Worried 2000 new
      #4883 - 06/04/00 10:16 PM

Sorry that note might seem a little rushed, but I will try to articulate why I don't use other websites. When I intially went to my doctor he warned me that not all Internet sites provide medically accurate information ( he didn't say which ones). He told me that credible agencies, with current information, were where I should direct my questions. He recommended that the Canadian and Ontario government's hotlines were excellent providers of information and I found their reasoning behind stuff like the window period and testing to be realistic and sensible. I try to pass along any of this information in an effort to help others like the people on this forum also do.

Worried 2000
Unregistered

Re: TO Mark 2000 new
      #4884 - 06/04/00 10:18 PM

Thanks Mark. Ottawa is the English or French speaking side? I always get those confused.

Hope you'er doing well.

/W

Mark 2000
Unregistered

To Worried 2000 new
      #4885 - 06/04/00 10:22 PM

No problem. Ottawa, like Canada, is bilingual and is in Ontario. All lines can be communicated in either English or French. Sometimes it is better to call the Toronto line because they are open till 11:00 or 11:00pm on weekdays whereas Ottawa closes at 8:00pm.

DUDE
Unregistered

Was I too harsh? new
      #4886 - 06/04/00 10:41 PM

Was my response too harsh?
DUDE

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2575

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3