Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

herpes
      #48364 - 12/11/02 11:55 AM

i know genital herpes puts you at a higher risk for contracting HIV, but is this only if sores are present? in other words, if i have genital herpes, but sores are not present, am i still at a greater risk than someone who does not have herpes? please answer.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
Re: herpes new
      #48368 - 12/11/02 12:07 PM

Unless you are trying to have a child you should be wearing protection. Not just to protect you from HIV but all other STD's. If you have Herpes you already know about STD's and why chance getting others or giving someone else the one you have. Having unprotected sex is risking your partner and you if you are not trying produce a child.

The G-Man

Anonymous
Unregistered

#48369 - 12/11/02 12:30 PM

Having active sores puts you at greater risk. When you are don't have the sores, then the chance of getting HIV is the same as someone that doesn't have herpes.

Anonymous
Unregistered

G-man new
      #48383 - 12/11/02 04:29 PM

did you read the question?!!!
no ofense but, if you have an answer, great. If you don't, don't just post any BS come to your mind.
....."producing children" jeez !

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: G-man new
      #48385 - 12/11/02 05:12 PM

Did you read the answer to the question?
He said if you are having sex not for reproduction you should use protection. He answered properly; unprotected sex leaves both parties at risk for Chlamydia, herpes, not to mention HIV. Maybe you want to feel safe having un protected sex, but you better know your partner real well before you do, you never know what the other person is bringing to bed. Me myself I choose to not have unprotected sex because I do not want any STD's, do you? Oh that is right you already have Herpes.

chichi
Master

Reged: 06/02/02
      #48423 - 12/11/02 09:46 PM

having unprotected sex during a herpes outbreak will spread the herpes. having hiv and herpes and having unprotected sex will put you at at much greater risk of both infections.
the g-man is right - use protection to avoid both and all std's.
if you have herpes but do not have an outbreak then,chances of passing herpes to another is much less and i guess much less of passing hiv - i did read that hiv can live in the vessicles that contain herpes - so i read - just use a condom.
i have genital herpes because i didnt use protection -
dont be dumb like me - use condoms.
chichi

Anonymous
Unregistered

#48476 - 12/12/02 12:18 AM

chichi,having herpes do you have other symptoms besides sores,like headaches,nausia,joint pains ect.just want to know if a person can have these ongoing symptoms also.

Kim

Reged: 12/05/02
Re: G-man new
      #48521 - 12/12/02 10:40 AM

Do the bashers of Gman or whoever, what is your useless purpose on this board?

Get a life.

chichi
Master

Re: herpes symptoms new
      #48524 - 12/12/02 11:30 AM

hi,

the intial outbreak or when you first get genital herpes is usally 2-20 days after infection. at that point of intial infection you can have a wide range of symptoms - everything from nothing at all to having to go to the hospital! you can feel hot, nasuous, swollen gland in groin area, tiny clear/white pimple like vessicles on a red base on your genitals, burning, itching, pain down there. some people cant urinate cause the soresare in the urethera and some people just feel an slight itch. some women think they have a yeast infection and some guys think they get a raw spot from jerking off to hard (not to sound graphic but thats what guys tell me). some people are carries and never know they have it!

i had buring pain and pimples that hurt like a bitch when i peed and wiped (i am female). i went to the gyno right away and with in 7 days i had the full outbreak but .... all that goes away in time and only reappears when you get another break out. at that point you may get burning or itching or tingling and sometimes, swollen lymp nodes in the groin area and maybe headache and burning in the buttock or legs but the herpes uaually goes to the place you got the inital infection - it wouldnt randomly go to your back or stomach - herpes travels along nerve paths and takes a certain route and usually keeps the same path, give or take an inch or so.

outbreaks get lesser over time and there is always valtrex -i take that.

the symptoms you mention that keep going on is not herpes.
go to www.racoon.com and click on the link called the orginal hepres home page. it is a great site with info and a very inteactive message board.

you can get an antibody test for herpes 1 and 2 to see if you have it or if you have sore, the dr can culture them right then and there and get them typed.

also, if your partner has a cold sore/herpes 1 on the lip and givee you oral - you can get herpes 1 on your genitals if there is an outbreak going on at the time.

i dont know if this answers your question but those are herpes symtoms - go to that site - check it out -

on going stuff like you wrote could be anything.

just use a condom and avoid it all - hepres and hiv -
its not worth the risk - thats what happened to me.
the guy was carrier and didnt know it and now i have it ----
for life and its no fun. PLEASE USE CONDOMS!!!!

chichi

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: herpes symptoms new
      #48533 - 12/12/02 01:50 PM

Thanks chichi,I just wanted to know as ive had ongoing symptoms for nine months now,nausia off and on,joint pain ,side feels swollen ,swollen nodes,headaches not everyday goes away for days or a few weeks then returns.After my unprotected sexual exposure(with female) a week or two later i had a single pimple on my penis that looked like a water blister,lasted for a couple weeks than went away.Ive been tested for hiv ,hepatitis,cmv and ebv all negative 81/2 months after exposure,just wondering about the herpes as i think ive ruled out the rest.I just had that one pimple,blister or whatever it was but all these other symptoms happened around the same time,with severe headache that lasted about 4 days.

chichi
Master

Re: herpes test new
      #48562 - 12/12/02 05:35 PM

hi,
one pimple may or may not be herpes. if you get an anitbody test anytime after 14-16 weeks, you can tell if you have herpes 1 or 2 via a blood test since the sore is not there to cultre. that 1 pimple would have hurt when you touched it - thats one sign it was a herpes pimple.

the other stuff you are feeling or did feel is not herpes.

also, go to www.afraidtoask.com (afraid to ask)
you can see pictures of herpes on male and female genitalia.

go get the herpes hest for 1 and 2 and get the answer so that is one less thing to worry about and rule out.

herpes can appear once or many time times or never again or show up 10 years after not showing up - who knows what that pimple was. get the herpes antibody test for 1 and 2.

hope this helps.
just keep using condoms - please!!!!!!!
chichi

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: herpes test new
      #48569 - 12/12/02 06:32 PM

thanks again chichi,That pimple did hurt to touch.Iwill get the test,I was kinda hoping that the symptoms were related as i'd rather have herpes then hiv or hep.don't know what the symptoms are everything else has been negativr so far.All these symptoms happened after that exposure.

chichi
Master

Re: the hurtful pimple new
      #48639 - 12/12/02 08:17 PM

just because the pimple hurt doesnt mean it is herpes so dont get upset as of yet. take the test for herpes 1 and 2 and deal with it then. if it isnt herpes - great! and if it is well, ..... its not a death sentence and you deal with it when it pops up. one out of five americans have herpes2 - not that this makes it any great bargin but there are worse things. remember - take the anitbody test 14-16 weeks after when you thought you saw the pimple or had unprotected sex and get it typed! herpes1 tends not to return as much as herpes2.
please wear a condom until you know what it is.
please ... always wear a condom anyway,
hope this helps -
write anytime.
chichi

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: the hurtful pimple new
      #48662 - 12/12/02 09:34 PM

hi chichi,i will get the test im way past the 14 to 16 week,im at 9 months.I tested neg for hiv hep cmv ebv at 81/2 months.I can handle it i have herpes,like you said its not a death sentence,i just hope it doesn't turn out to be hiv or hep.Don't worry im wearing condoms from now on i don't need to go through this again and if i do have somthing i don't want to give it to anyone.I think i'll pull a condom over my whole body,just joken.thanks for your help.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4893

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3