Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

SCARED TO DEATH
      #4729 - 06/01/00 07:11 PM

I REALLY NEED SOME ANSWERS IF POSSIBLE!!!I HAVE BEEN GOING THROUGH TOTAL AND COMPLETE HELL FOR MONTHS. I DISCOVERED MY BOYFRIEND OF ONE YEAR WAS HIV +. ( HE DID NOT TELL ME. I FOUND A CRIXIVAN PILL AND A DOCTORS BILL DATING BACK FROM LAST JUNE 99.) MY PROBLEM IS WE DID NOT ALWAYS USE A CONDOM. I WAS ONLY EXPOSED TO HIS BODY FLUIDS ONCE THOUGH.
I DID NOT WANT TO GET TESTED BECAUSE I WAS COMPLETELY DEVESTATED AND TERRIFIED. ( I AM A SINGLE MOM ) I DID FINALLY GO GET TESTED IN APRIL BUT AM TO AFRAID TO GET THE RESULTS. WHILE AT THE DOCTORS OFFICE SHE FOUND A SWOLLEN LYMPH NODE ON THE LEFT FRONT SIDE OF MY NECK. SHE SAID IT WAS FROM A BAD POST NASAL DRIP AND GAVE ME SOME ANTIHISTIMINES. IT IS NOW JUNE AND THE LYMPH NODE IS STILL THERE. I KNOW THAT LYMPH NODES THAT ARE SWOLLEN FOR MORE THAN THREE MONTHS ARE A SIGN OF EARLY HIV INFECTION. IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE IT COULD POSSIBLE BE???? I AM TOO AFRAID TO TALK TO ANYONE. I WILL NOT TELL MY FAMILY THEY WOULD NEVER UNDERSTAND. I NEED SOME HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: SCARED TO DEATH new
      #4743 - 06/01/00 07:42 PM

Go get your results! I'm not sure what good it will do you from not knowing, because if you tested negative, you can relax your mind. And if you test positive, you can take steps to lead a healthy life. If you don't pick up your results, you can be "SCARED TO DEATH" the rest of your life. The choice is yours. No one will be able to comfort you enough so that you will not have to pick the tests up.

As far as lymph nodes go, I can tell you that I have had a swollen on the right side of my neck from a throat infection I had about 6 years ago. Sometimes they stay there for the rest of your life. And I'll also tell you that I have tested negative on over 20 tests over this time frame. I don't want you to think that I've been testing for 6 years for one potential encounter though! I'm a blood donor, so the tests were necessary!

Also, a one time exposure to HIV does not usually lead to infection. But you still have to get tested, because it certainly is possible.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#4755 - 06/01/00 09:48 PM

Exactly!

Did you ever confront your boyfriend?

Dishonesty sucks and I'm sure any hurt as a result of this isn't helping you much.

Let us know what happens and good luck.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#4775 - 06/02/00 10:42 AM

I'll pray for you. I am going to get the HIV test in 13 days. I hope you do well.....

Mark 2000
Unregistered

#4776 - 06/02/00 11:38 AM

One swollen lymph node does not imply HIV infection. Get your results because you cannot assume you have HIV based on symptoms alone. Many of us have had experienced ALL of the symptoms and yet we still continue to test negative well past any accepted window period. Good luck to you and you are in my prayers.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1490

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3