Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

If not HIV, then What
      #46237 - 12/02/02 09:17 PM

Hi, I just took my final HIV test HIV 1/2 and bDNA 3.0, at 1 year post exposure to hiv, both negative undectable ext. I also had my CD4's ran 454 which scares me. This past year I have been under a tremendous amount of stress and anxiety about HIV. Can stress, alone do this to my immune system, what other agents could be involved. Is hiv not the issue, I want to regain my health. Should I let go of HIV and look for other causes? Please any advice would be appreciated thanks dylan

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
joe___
Unregistered

Re: If not HIV, then What new
      #46329 - 12/03/02 09:21 AM

hi Dylan!

i think you can really let go the HIV issue. I think we have many things in common (ARS symptoms, neg tests after 6+ months, liver problems) and i will let you shortly know what my ID doc (a professor, head of department of large hospital in switzerland) said to me when i confronted him with my fears:

* regarding my CD4 count: "your CD4 count (around 450) is in the NORMAL range."

* regarding my illness and symtpoms + lymph nodes: "most likely you had a viral infection and you are now recovering from it. you are getting better week by week."

* regarding my high ALT (100-160) despite negative HepA,B,C,D tests: "what you have is a discrete elevation of your liver encymes. It is a normal pattern of liver function. Your elevations are most likely due to your antidepressants, and NOT caused by a viral infection of the liver, for sure!"

* the doc also told me that i should do jogging 3 times a week. One reason is to measure my pulse and to figure out how fast my body is recovering. The other reason is of course that it is healthy and hopefully speeding up the recovery process of mind and body.

So what is my advise to you? Believe in the tests, and if you have doubts and physical problems, seek the advise of a real good and experienced doc you can TRUST. A good doc-patient relationship is very important. If you can't trust your doc, then it's a problem and a switch may be helpful. However i am not seeing my new doc very often (1 time each month) but i can email/call him at any time. That's a very good feeling and helps me getting through this.

best wishes,
joe, swiss

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 859

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3