Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

CDC Call - Condoms
      #46077 - 12/02/02 05:52 AM

Ok - Beings I cannot sleep and just need to talk to someone. I called the CDC and reiterated my situation:

Protected Oral and Vaginal Sex with a female sex worker. (I am male)

Now 10 days after this I am having a major burning sensation on my penis and feel the need to urinate a lot. It does not hurt at all to actually pee.

So the CDC said my risk was negligable since I used a condom and that chances are it is not Chlamydia or Gonnoreha and HIV chances are low.

So now, my mind is running in circles. What if the condom the woman put on me was not latex? When I pulled out. I grabbed the condom, did I get some in a small cut somewhere? Was there a small hole in it? This was in Europe.

WHY THE HELL DO I HAVE THIS BURNING SENSATION?

I have already had sex with my wife since I have returned and now I am worried I have sentenced her to deal with a disease only I should have.

I know I am blabbing a lot, but just knowing something is going on is really really scaring me out of my mind!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
gregg629
Regular

Reged: 04/16/01
Loc: Boston
Re: CDC Call - Condoms new
      #46092 - 12/02/02 10:59 AM

There are multiple possibilities.

You could be having an allergic reaction to a lube or spermicide that was on the condom, you could have a bladder infection that has nothing at all to relate with your encounter with the sex worker, just a coincidence.

The CDC is right your risk was negligible.

Have you been to a doctor yet? You say that this has gone on for 10 days I would hope that in that time you would have at least seen a doctor.

No one on here will be able to tell you why you have the burning sensation only a doctor can do that.

Good Luck.

Gregg

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: CDC Call - Condoms new
      #46095 - 12/02/02 11:09 AM

You used a condom so you probably do not have HIV. Don't fret too much over whatever symptom you may have you might have gotten some sort of UTI or bladder infection, or maybe even a yeast infection from your wife. It could be anything. See your DR.

Anonymous
Unregistered

HELP!!!! new
      #46103 - 12/02/02 12:03 PM

I just went to the doctor and they found not Bladder infection or uinary tract infection so they are treating me for Chlamydia. HELP!!! I AM FREAKING OUT NOW!!

IF I GOT THAT THERE IS LIKE A 80% CHANCE I GOT HIV!!!

I AM VERY VERY SCARED!!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: HELP!!!! new
      #46107 - 12/02/02 01:01 PM

The First thing you need to do is this.

Find a good friend and ask them to slap you up side the head.

RELAX, I REPEAT R E L A X!!!!! Talk about Chicken Little Complex. You don't know anything and what the hell is this 80% that you are pulling out of your ass?

I understand your very scared, but dude, stop for a minute and get your facts before you start to cash in your 401k or plan your death.

I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, and I do care, I just have seen way too many people in here react this way and have YET to see ANYONE actually have HIV (4 years on this board)

Gregg

Anonymous
Unregistered

#46117 - 12/02/02 01:40 PM

I may be the first. How many people have had this high of a risk encounter? Gotten something and still walked away without HIV?

Kim
Unregistered

#46124 - 12/02/02 02:28 PM

Follow Greggs advice. Did you do the previous post on Chlamydia? Your 80% figure is way off. See a thread posted earlier over the exact same thing. HIV is a tough virus to get and yes I know of MANY other people-including a few on the webmd message boards-that have had sex unprotected with HIV+ people (they didnt know it at the time) and they do NOT have HIV. HIV is not an easy virus to get with no blood involved. Generally it takes multiple exposures to eventually get it. So relax.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1480

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3