Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Worried Wells Stop the Worry
      #46000 - 12/01/02 10:36 PM

For all you worried wells, I've been there. I had unprotected sex with someone I didn't know that picked me up at the bar. And after that I sure learnt allot of things, especially about HIV. For over a year and a half I worried and obsessed about having HIV,surfed the net and read anything on hiv and tested like a crazy person. I had six tests done, all at different intervals, all Neg even testing up to a year and a half! But yet I still worried that I had Hiv, in fact after many sleepless nights I went to a doctor who told me that what I really was suffering from was depression. So If you are still worried and have tested neg, go and talk to your doctor about what it could be OTHER than hiv. I now have moved past all the worry, have treated my depression, and am in a loving relationship. Plus am donating my time volunteering with people who do suffer hiv and other illnesses. Learn from your experence, get needed help, and enjoy life to its fullest, cause lifes too short to worry :-)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Worried Wells Stop the Worry new
      #46049 - 12/02/02 01:34 AM

great words of wisdom!

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Worried Wells Stop the Worry new
      #46098 - 12/02/02 11:15 AM

Thank you for the post. Its VERY easy for people to obsess over HIV when they don't have it. Remember to NEVER EVER go by symptoms either.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1782

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3