Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
SO SCARED
Unregistered

Experts, please evaluate me!!!
      #44582 - 11/22/02 02:33 PM

I am going to put my entire situation in a timeline. Someone please let me know if I should retest!!

1/18/2002 - experienced blister on genitals. Thought it was just ingrown hair. Went away in a week.

2/16/2002 - had deep kissing with unknown girl at bar while drunk. Dont know if there were any cuts cause I was drunk as hell.

4/3/2002 - became very ill, sore throat, diarhea for week, strep, went to doctors and tested for mono. Negative. Went back to doctors a week later and tested positve for mono this time. I was sick for all of April. Became better completely. My GF, who was a virgin before me, also gets sick and tests positive for mono a month later.

5/15/2002 - Weird excema rash on my foot. Doc gave me steriod cream and it went away.

9/1/2002 - developed another genital blister and red face rash on my cheeks and eyelids. This is when I finally started to think it might be hiv so I started freaking out and looking up symptoms on the internet. AND I HAD ALL OF THEM!!!!! Panic sets in, and I stop eating and functioning normally.

9/17/2002 - Finally lose it and get tested for hiv using 3rd gen. elisa test for hiv-1 and hiv-2.

9/20/2002 - Get my results back...NEGATIVE! Can you believe it?? Unfortunatly, i didnt get tested for herpes cause my doc didnt think it was that at all. Decided to try to move on with life.

10/2/2002 - Could not get over the fact that the test was negative because of symptoms. Got put on anxiety meds.

Today - still have anxiety, but I am too scared to retest. I also still have dry skin around my one eye and cheeks. I am pretty sure it is herpes, maybe from not washing hands and putting in contact, but also scared it could be hiv causing it.I cant get over the fear of hiv, but also cant get over the fear of testing again. According to the CDC, I should not need to retest cause my test was at 7 months after the possible incident. Why cant I get over this?? Is it possible that the lab made an error or I havent converted yet? I dont want to test again, but I cant move on with life as a normal person.

WHAT DO I DO??

- SO SCARED

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Kim
Unregistered

Re: Experts, please evaluate me!!! new
      #44593 - 11/22/02 03:20 PM

You didn't state what sexual activity or risk you put yourself in. Deep kissing does not transmit HIV. You need to STOP looking up symptoms on the internet. You have gotten yourself paranoid for no reason. There is absolutely nothing in your post that leads be to believe you were exposed to HIV.

Your HIV test at 8 months shows negative that you do NOT have HIV. These tests are 100% accurate at 8 months.

You have yourself convinced you have it, therefore you are going to get sick. From the sound of it you might have herpes though if you keep getting blisters in your genital area.

STOP diagnosing by symptoms. That is useless especially now snce its cold and flu season anyways. You need to focus your attention off of HIV and stop the endless internet research it does absolutely no good.

gregg629
Guardian

Reged: 04/16/01
Loc: Boston
      #44601 - 11/22/02 03:56 PM

These boards are not made up of experts and no one on here as far as I know is qualified to evaluate you. We are normal people just like you, some of whom have read quite a bit and some who have been positive for several years. Our opinions are just that. Opinions and should never be taken as medical advice.

My Opinion is that.

Since deep kissing is the only sexual encounter that you report and you tested and were negative at 7 months let go of HIV.

You did have Mono which is something.

Work with your doctor and at the same time see a mental health counselor. Work it from both ends, don't allow your medical doctor to just brush you off with a "your fine". At the same time try to figure out why you have a fixation with HIV and why you can't let it go after getting a negative after 7 months.

Hope that helps

Anonymous
Unregistered

#44606 - 11/22/02 04:16 PM

Just shows that not EVERYTHING is AIDS.

SO SCARED
Unregistered

#44627 - 11/22/02 06:21 PM

thank you, I am making an appt with a shrink. I do need help mentally, hopefully its not hiv...thanks again

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1279

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3