Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

RE: Post "Could I be infected?"
      #43953 - 11/15/02 07:13 AM

Okay. I am very upset that you all are taking this offensive tone. I am sure that everyone on here has had a scare! And the thought that something stupid that I could have done over 9 years ago could totally change my life freaking petrifies me .

I assure you those that would question my sanity.. that I am very sane. If I needed smart ass answers, I could have easily gone to a pre-teen board.

Yes, maybe my question did sound absurd to those that have had a recent exposure or are living with HIV/AIDS, but does that make me any less human for worrying or for having doubts?

No, I have no reason to suspect that this guy I slept with has HIV/AIDS. But have you ever been so wonderfully blessed in life that you are just waiting for the other shoe to drop? Have you ever thought "I have to be the most unlucky person in the world so why is everything going so well?" My life has been filled with moments that I do not cherish so is it abnormal for me to be focusing on something like this? I don't think so.. that's a psychology major talking.

I truly am sorry if my post offended anyone and for the person that has seen my post on other boards... all you had to do was answer and tell me to freaking get a life. I do plan on going in for a check up and having bloodwork done at my next visit.

Am I sane enough to be married and to have children? I am sane enough to teach my would be child to take responsibility in his or her life by looking out for number one.. i.e. always making sure that a condom is used so that they never know a moment of fear.

I am sorry that I wasted your time with my insignificant question and fears.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: RE: Post "Could I be infected?" new
      #43956 - 11/15/02 08:54 AM

Absurd more like ridiculously paranoid. Let me tell you a story I've been in a relationship for the last four years with a very special person. And I've been completely faithful. Then one night I go to a party get completely blind and wake up next to someone I barely know 4 weeks later I come down with text book symptoms macopapular rash, hairy tongue, throat ulcers, vision loss. And so does my partner. Now I'm in complete panic mode living on anxiety tabs, sedatives etc. I try to get some questions answered on this board and everyone answers questions like yours. go and get tested I know you'll be fine learn from your worries and try and answer people on this board who really sound like they need help. I've always done the right thing by my partner and now my whole world is falling apart..

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: RE: Post "Could I be infected?" new
      #43978 - 11/15/02 05:10 PM

This board is being overrun with silly questions like 'can I get AIDS from self stimulation'. Perhaps the title should just include the word 'NO'.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1006

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3