Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
RickP
Unregistered

OT's-duringARS
      #43785 - 11/13/02 03:47 PM

I tested at 7 weeks but have had some weird symptoms- white tongue with red swollen ridges around the edges. I'm tired as all get out. My heart beats about three times as fast as usual. My soccer practices make me almost colapse. I can't sleep through the night. My feet are extremely dry. I had the usual ars symptoms at the beginning and then these right after. My Rapid Elisa Test showed negative but she said there is about a 50% chance it wouldn'e pick it up. My sexual experience was protected with a stipper except for oral. My biggest fear is that I had shave the hair around my groin down to a half inch and nicked myself twice leaving an open wound for vaginal fluids. We had sex for an hour so who knows what was where! Well does anyone knows the accuracy of a 7 week test- I think it was 46 days.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: OT's-duringARS new
      #43790 - 11/13/02 04:36 PM

I never would have thought this was such a common occurance, but I can now think of 3 times in the last 2 years where I have heard the same story on this board.

First off, unless you were still bleading when you were having sex your body would have started to form a scab, who's purpose is to protect the body, also you are assuming that just because the girl was a stripper that she must be HIV positive or do you know for a fact that she is.

All the symptoms that you describe can be related to hundreds of other things, including stress.

As I recall the other two people who had the same "nicked while shaving their pubes" scare both turned out to be negative, even tho I remember one of them kept testing well into 6 months after the event.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: OT's-duringARS new
      #43792 - 11/13/02 04:46 PM

I "nick" will usually heal itself very quickly, when nick myself on my face shaving, its usually healed/closed within a few hours. You didnt mention how long between shaving and your sexual encounter. Even regardless, that is probably not even an issue. Receiving unprotected is not really a risk at all, however giving would put you at some risk (but low) Your symptoms sound all related to stress and anxiety. Trust me, I had them all and still tested negative at 6 months. 7 weeks test is better than 50%. 25 days is 50%, 2 months is about 95%, so you are about 80-85% I would say. Still go for the 3 month ELISA, but it sounds like you are fine, just extermely scared like everyone else. hope that answers everything...

Anonymous
Unregistered

your symptoms new
      #43888 - 11/14/02 05:45 PM

Sound more like stress than hiv. Get a test at 13 wks (3 mos.) Everyone should be tested. You don't get hiv from protected sex. You are fine.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1477

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3