Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

am i infected?
      #4278 - 05/23/00 06:23 PM

I had sex with a prostitute about a month ago. I'm not sure if she is HIV positive, but anyways during foreplay my penis entered her vagina without wearing a condom, but only for a few seconds. Afterwards, I washed the entire area with soap and water. Was my exposure time long enough for the transmission of some STD or HIV?

This is terrifying me.. it's all i think about.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jess
Unregistered

Re: am i infected? new
      #4285 - 05/23/00 08:49 PM

I kinda know what you are going through I had an experience kinda like yours it was a one time thing, and the person I was with does have AIDS I know for sure I went to get tested and if I were you I would go,just to know but dont only go 1 time you need to go a couple of times. I have to go again in 3 months and again in 6 months after that for the next 2 or 3 years. Im not a doctor but for your peace of mind you should go, its better to know then not to know at all! Hope this helps Jess

DUDE
Unregistered

#4288 - 05/23/00 09:42 PM

To Jess,
Where in the hell did you get the idea you have to test 2 and 3 years? This is absolutely bullshit. Don't post this crap on this board. After the six month test, the results are conclusive. PERIOD
You're a jerk for posting that bogus and false information.
To all readers, testing six months after an exposure will result in a 99.99% certainty.
DUDE

Anonymous
Unregistered

#4290 - 05/23/00 09:49 PM

what are my risks??? i had a HIV test after 30 days.

DUDE
Unregistered

#4296 - 05/23/00 10:46 PM

get tested 3, 6 months. If negative, no infection, Don't put yourselft or anyone else between now and the six month test.
DUDE

Anonymous
Unregistered

#4300 - 05/24/00 01:03 AM

yeah. but is this what are the stats????

Jess
Unregistered

#4301 - 05/24/00 08:02 AM

Dude,
I got my info from my doctor! So its not all that much bullshit. He told me to be safe get tested again in 3 months then after that 6 months. i was just tested for the first time last week. So how then hell am i suppose to know if my doctor is right or wrong?! Most people trust there doctors. I was just telling him the info. i was given! So why are you jumping on me? i dont understand? Better to be safe then sorry right? yeah so please feel free to give me more info thats why iam on here i just found out i was exposed to someone who has full blown AIDS 1 week ago so this is all new to me.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#4321 - 05/24/00 01:53 PM

i've been told that 1 month is usually pretty accurate, but would definetly get checked at 3 months. Does anyone know if other std's, namely clamydia, can show up negative after one month, then positive around 3 (like hiv)

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4408

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3