Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Antibody Test
      #42760 - 10/31/02 08:43 AM

I had a Negative antibody test one year after exposure to HIV, It was a 3rd generation antibody for HIV 1/2 is what they told me. Despite having a tremdous amount of symptoms and not completely feeling normal to this day. Have I ruled out HIV infection, can i leave this board and move on.
Thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Antibody Test new
      #42788 - 11/01/02 01:46 AM

exposure, or possible exposure?
what symptoms?
"according to the experts" you are definately neg if testing six months after.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#42801 - 11/01/02 02:42 PM

Symptoms were, within a couple of days of exposure, starting with prostatitis, nausea. At two weeks, coated white tounge- geographic toungue. Dry mouth, weight loss, joint pain, mostly upper body elbows shoulders and neck. Throat Drainage, mild sore throat, tenderness under jaw. Burning and sweaty palms. These symptoms continue for two months. Most symptoms fade, but toungue, mouth and thoat problems continue until present. Geographic toungue now gone, but prostatitis has come back as well as the weight that I initially dropped. Have tested negative to hiv rna pcr at 3 months and negative to hiv antibody at 3,6, and 11 months. Also tested for Hep B,C, mono, at 11 months as well as all other std's. Lab results reveal a slightly lower wbc count at 4500 as of late, ranging from 4700 to 3700. Any advice would be appreciated
thanks

Anonymous
Unregistered

#42806 - 11/01/02 05:18 PM

nearly all of your symptoms are not even ARS. When ARS occur, they usually last no more than two weeks and this occurs within the first month upon initial infection. Your sypmtoms might be some type of infection but not HIV. Your tests prove this

Anonymous
Unregistered

#42839 - 11/02/02 09:36 PM

Yes you can move on. A 6 month window period is considered "conservative" so a year would be twice that. Even those rare cases of late conversions they always turned positive by 1 year.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1352

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3